VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What's New at Six Flags Great Adventure for 2010?

GAcoaster

-There will be 3 express refill stations for the sport bottles (though they can be still be filled anywhere). this should make it much easier to get refills without waiting.

I don't remember seeing any of these over the weekend. I guess they wont come until later in the season.

Even though the updates for the new decade are very minor and may not be that noticeable to the general public, but after looking at the pictures of opening day, I'm very pleased with most of them. I'm most excited to see how fresh Fantasy Fling looks in person when I go to the park later this month. ;) It's a shame that another ride has to be SBNO this year, but if it was a decision between FMTTM and Houdini, it's obvious who'd I'd pick. Plus, since something big is happening to the theater next year, it's understandable.

I was looking at the map from the link provided and was wondering something. The line running from the Movietown Arena all the way up to Superman Ultimate Flight area, is that the route for the Glow in The Dark Parade?

If so that is cool so I can plan on different places to stand and watch it. I always liked that parade.

We made a quick trip tot he park today and here are a couple of updates:

The new iPhone App is being advertised all around the park:

gallery_506_313386.jpg

Signs are up on Houdini announcing the May 28th opening day:

gallery_506_2426.jpg

Mrs. Fields still has temporary signs up:

gallery_506_85952.jpg

Strange new LED streetlight over in the Golden Kingdom/PDC area on one of the old Kiddie Kingdom lamp posts:

gallery_506_283183.jpg

That's a LOT of tables at the Conestoga:

gallery_506_63654.jpg

Both Best of the West and Character Cafe now feature those cool new LCD menu boards:

gallery_506_466221.jpg

The three new "Express Filling Stations" for the souvenir drink cups are now in place:

gallery_506_202558.jpg

gallery_506_146931.jpg

gallery_506_33000.jpg

It's great to see the spring flowers all over the park, including the hanging baskets:

gallery_506_71819.jpg

gallery_506_55303.jpg

The great collage of pictures in the Main Street Market now have dates added (they go nicely with our book):

gallery_506_394773.jpg

gallery_506_362365.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

starting 7-28-10 you can get a season pass for 54.99, im not happy for this because the lines will be super long but the sales for the co. will be awsome, so i cant complain, anyway Ka will be down for a few days some repalacment parts are beining installed, looks like supermans kryptonite hit Ka this week!

I was considering going tomorrow (I haven't been to the park in a month and really could use some laps on Nitro!) but if Ka will be closed, lines might be bad since I remember going to the park in May last year before Bizarro opened and KK was closed and lines were longer than I was expecting for it being a school day. Then again maybe not if the park even opens that is. It is supposed to storm until 4 and I was considering going from 5 - 10.

Edited by Yoshi