VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Green Lantern

GAcoaster

I don't know.... Maybe it was changed that quickly? A Spring Break opening would bring in more revenue and it is possible. SF just loves taking they're time. Or some things like theming could have gotten scrapped and they'll do without them opening sooner, but I hope thats not the case. I had heard it was getting some excellent theming.

With any of these construction projects, the date is always subject to change. They prepare everyone for the worst case scenario (Memorial Day opening) and hope for the best (open with the park). There are so many variables in the construction process with labor, weather, conditions of the site, etc. If we have a mild winter, they don't have any kind of labor problems like a strike, and they don't have any unexpected events like finding they have unexpected cables running under the site, it could be open for the park opening. B&M coasters generally go together quickly...Nitro opened with the park and it hadn't gone vertical until November, and that was a HORRIBLE winter where Prospertown Lake froze over completely (I remember walking almost all the way across to see the construction).

With any of these construction projects, the date is always subject to change. They prepare everyone for the worst case scenario (Memorial Day opening) and hope for the best (open with the park). There are so many variables in the construction process with labor, weather, conditions of the site, etc. If we have a mild winter, they don't have any kind of labor problems like a strike, and they don't have any unexpected events like finding they have unexpected cables running under the site, it could be open for the park opening. B&M coasters generally go together quickly...Nitro opened with the park and it hadn't gone vertical until November, and that was a HORRIBLE winter where Prospertown Lake froze over completely (I remember walking almost all the way across to see the construction).

:o

My latest Green Lantern / Off-Season Construction UPDATE is now posted from Sunday, November 14, 2010...

http://flyinphilsgadvupdates2010-2011.blogspot.com/

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Flyin Phil

When Green Lantern opens next year there will still be some space left in GASM's former infield. What do you think the park will do with this open space? It's prime location for some flat rides.

It's too small for much more than using as parking for Security and First Aid vehicles. The spots they used to use will be taken up with GL, so it will just be parking area.

I think it would be cool to place the UFO on top of the queue house, with a voice over in that area saying what the UFO says ("The ring has chosen you, become one of us - become a Green Lantern".)

Then, the recording for the station can refer to riders as Green Lanterns. I also hope to see some locations from the movie on the ride, like the arcade and whatnot.

I am Hoping that they completely enclose GASM's old Queue house and air condition it with that air conditioning unit that arrived onsite a couple of months ago. That would be amazing. And that UFO idea is great! They should put a hole on top of the roof where the spaceship would be so a large light "green" light would shine! :D