VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Green Lantern

GAcoaster

With GASM now closed, an area along the fence has been blocked off for hauling away the steel as well as for staging the new ride parts which should begin arriving any day now...

gallery_505_61612.jpg

The utilities have been marked out so construction will soon be starting:

gallery_505_27753.jpg

The Scream Machine has been walled off:

gallery_505_375395.jpg

The cranes have lifted the trains off the tracks and wait to start dismantling the structure:

gallery_505_316560.jpg

Looks like superman could be down durring construction, reports have it being closed all day yesterday and all day today, hopefully it will reopen so we don't loose 2 coasters for the rest of the season, otherwise expect long lines at all other coasters! Also the first demo contruction exavator is on sight with a small dumpster.

gallery_154_506_28481.jpg

Edited by gafreak

I hope Superman doesn't close the rest of the season, I was there on a school day in June when Superman was closed and the lines were much worse than normal before rain cleared out the park.

i'm soo upset! felt like throwing up! just found out today about GASM!! this is what happens when you don't visit the forums enough!! I knew this day would come!! thats why everytime i went to the park, i rode it. I never knew the last time was really the last time. but all good things must come to an end. excited about the new ride!

looks like most of the footers are almost gone so they can bring in cranes to take down the #1 loop and hill, then im sure well see the cranes early next week. how soon after everything is gone will new construction start, and did the GASM entry switchbacks get torn down or are they staying, i havent been up that way in the park latly, supermans line is redicoulsly too long to wait so i dont bother

From JacksonOnline.com:

Exclusive first look at Six Flags Great Adventure’s new rollercoaster

coaster.jpg

Jackson, NJ – JTOWN today got a first glimpse of the new steel roller coaster that will be replacing the Great American Scream Machine at Jackson’s Six Flags Great Adventure. Documents on file show the new coaster’s footprint and a top down view of the coaster, currently set to open during the 2011 season. On documents submitted to the Township of Jackson, pre-dated for Saturday, July 7, 2010, Arnold Grodzinski, Manager of Construction and Facility at Six Flags were filed requesting administrative approval for a “new steel roller coaster in the Theme Park. The new coaster will replace the Great American Scream Machine and will be constructed on the same site.

The footprint of the new steel coaster will expand upon the currently designated footprint that had been allocated for the Great American Scream Machine, which officially shutdown last month and is in the process of being dismantled. The only portion of the old ride that will remain is the queueing entry station. Six Flags is requesting permission from the township to remove 205 parking spaces that currently exist on the northern side of the Superman roller coaster to make room for the new coaster’s extended incline and drop. Total parking capacity will drop from 9,266 spaces down to 9,061. Six Flags expressed their confidence in their new site plan and did not feel the loss of those spaces would compromise the parking capacity of the park.

The company also mentioned the 2005 approval of a hotel on the property which has yet to be built. Sources within Jackson Township, which shall remain unidentified speculated that the delay in the hotel was most likely the result of well water and septic services on the site and lack of city sewer and water facilities. The 2005 hotel plan called for the loss of a larger amount of parking spaces to accomodate the construction of the proposed hotel.

In a letter submitted this week to the Jackson Township Planning Board, Owen Little & Associates, an engineering firm from Beachwood representing Six Flags requested that the planning board hears and reviews the application at their earliest convenience. The company submitted a conceptual site plan of the coaster was a preliminary rendering. A more formal engineering site plan would be provided by the group at a later date once administrative approval is granted.

On Monday night, the plan was presented to the planning board. Township Planning Board President Todd Porter stated “We heard their administrative approval and it was approved by a vote of 9-0″ he added “for a new roller coaster to replace the Scream Machine, the theme and name of which is not known.”

The township planning board next meets on Monday, August 16th at 7:30 pm in the main meeting hall at the township administrative building.

Jackson, NJ – JTOWN today got a first glimpse of the new steel roller coaster that will be replacing the Great American Scream Machine at Jackson’s Six Flags Great Adventure. Documents on file show the new coaster’s footprint and a top down view of the coaster, currently set to open during the 2011 season. On documents submitted to the Township of Jackson, pre-dated for Saturday, July 7, 2010, Arnold Grodzinski, Manager of Construction and Facility at Six Flags were filed requesting administrative approval for a “new steel roller coaster in the Theme Park. The new coaster will replace the Great American Scream Machine and will be constructed on the same site.

The footprint of the new steel coaster will expand upon the currently designated footprint that had been allocated for the Great American Scream Machine, which officially shutdown last month and is in the process of being dismantled. The only portion of the old ride that will remain is the queueing entry station. Six Flags is requesting permission from the township to remove 205 parking spaces that currently exist on the northern side of the Superman roller coaster to make room for the new coaster’s extended incline and drop. Total parking capacity will drop from 9,266 spaces down to 9,061. Six Flags expressed their confidence in their new site plan and did not feel the loss of those spaces would compromise the parking capacity of the park.

The company also mentioned the 2005 approval of a hotel on the property which has yet to be built. Sources within Jackson Township, which shall remain unidentified speculated that the delay in the hotel was most likely the result of well water and septic services on the site and lack of city sewer and water facilities. The 2005 hotel plan called for the loss of a larger amount of parking spaces to accomodate the construction of the proposed hotel.

In a letter submitted this week to the Jackson Township Planning Board, Owen Little & Associates, an engineering firm from Beachwood representing Six Flags requested that the planning board hears and reviews the application at their earliest convenience. The company submitted a conceptual site plan of the coaster was a preliminary rendering. A more formal engineering site plan would be provided by the group at a later date once administrative approval is granted.

On Monday night, the plan was presented to the planning board. Township Planning Board President Todd Porter stated “We heard their administrative approval and it was approved by a vote of 9-0″ he added “for a new roller coaster to replace the Scream Machine, the theme and name of which is not known.”

The township planning board next meets on Monday, August 16th at 7:30 pm in the main meeting hall at the township administrative building.

I assume the red lines in the pic. will be the que and exit. I had the chance to walk and talk with Mark Kane yesterday during one of his stroll's thru the park. I told him I was a little dissapointed that the Theater upgrade was no longer happening, but that I won't complain about getting a coaster. He said that with the long term plan's of the park, it fits in with what they want to accomplish.