VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Green Lantern

GAcoaster

We'll have to see if they count Superman at MM running backwards as a new coaster as well. I think that will be pretty cool looking at the ground for the few seconds of "hang time" at the top before falling back down again. And Intamin is doing great things nowaday's, they are truly the "innovators" of the industry right now. I would love for a "Maverick" or "Fahrenheit" at GA. I also really like the "Euro-Fighter" designs out there nowadays. Those style of rides make B&M's stuff look "dated", except for their 200ft. + coasters. B&M is alot better at train design's, than track design's. Don't get me wrong, I love all their coaster's at GA, but they do need to come up with something entirely new, to keep up with Intamin right now. A "ball coaster" is really thinking "outside the box".

Edited by Railer

Semi-Confirmed - (8/19/10) An interesting document

has found it’s way onto the web, showing off the cross promotional

marketing plan for the new Green Lantern film. Where things get

interesting is on Page 23 of the document where they mention a cross

promotion between the film and Six Flags for $1 million that will give

...SF the rights to build a coaster themed to Green Lantern. Sounds like

what was rumored as a possibility for Chang, but then they show off

Superman: The Escape at SFMM. If this is legit, I’m still betting on

this being for Chang’s new identity over any other ride.

I have a feeling we'll see a few new coasters at Six Flags parks next season.

As for Six Flags paying $1 million for naming rights for Green Lantern, that presentation was only laying out possibilities, not hard facts. As of now I think the name still has yet to be decided.

I'm pretty sure it is hard facts.

Semi-Confirmed - (8/19/10) An interesting document

has found it's way onto the web, showing off the cross promotional

marketing plan for the new Green Lantern film. Where things get

interesting is on Page 23 of the document where they mention a cross

promotion between the film and Six Flags for $1 million that will give

...SF the rights to build a coaster themed to Green Lantern. Sounds like

what was rumored as a possibility for Chang, but then they show off

Superman: The Escape at SFMM. If this is legit, I'm still betting on

this being for Chang's new identity over any other ride.

Take into fact that Superman:The Escape has been CLOSED for a while. So I'm not really sure about Chang becoming Green Lantern.

Personally, I don't care if the theme for next year's coaster is eithe Green Lantern or something completely original, as long as they don't have televisions all along the queue that show those terrible "Six Flags TV" ads (but it would be cool if they could show sneak peeks of the GL movie or even just play old Looney Tunes cartoons all day long ;) ).

Just an FYI--

The first of the trains has arrived on property and it looks like it's brand new! I have no pictures since it's in an employee area, but yes it has arrived, it is a standup train and it is green and black...

We can put our bets on Green Lantern then. It could either be Chang with a new coat of paint and a Green Lantern theme or it's a new Green Lantern coaster. I can't wait until the official GA announcement!!! :lol:

The second train is on property. And apparently "Coaster Fusion" doesn't care if they are ever invited to the park's media events since they keep posting illegally obtained photos and video (obviously from a park employee). I wouldn't be surprised to see pass revoked and people fired over this...

The one in the pictures (illegally obtained) by Coaster Fusion is a Chang train (unrehabbed). The one in the shop right now is green and black and is either brand new or completely rehabbed. I saw it up close on its way into the park and it was pristine with shining new fiberglass and restraints.

The one in the pictures (illegally obtained) by Coaster Fusion is a Chang train (unrehabbed). The one in the shop right now is green and black and is either brand new or completely rehabbed. I saw it up close on its way into the park and it was pristine with shining new fiberglass and restraints.

It might be just one of riddlers revenge's trains.

the red yellow black and purple train is changs train the green train with the yellow OTSRs is from riddler's revenge its been reported that the line was moving slower