VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Green Lantern

GAcoaster

Is it me, or is B&M starting to get "Arrowish" with using the same elements in diffrent configuration's on alot of their coaster's. Your almost "guaranteed" two corkscrew's after the brake run.

That is very common do to physics and the laws of gravity. The mid brake runs are usually at a lower height and therefore the only elements that can be navigated after starting from a dead stop on the brakes are the corkscrews which don't require as much speed.

And, it's really the parks who are uncreative and just ask for cookie cutter rides (SF, CP, Etc.). If you look at the projects they do for the Busch parks and Universal, there is very little in common with those except for Kumba which was the first to feature those interlocking corkscrews. When CF/SF and others come to B&M they just say "give us that as part of the ride" because it's visually appealing and saves space. B&M are only as creative as their client purchasing the ride (and that client's budget).

The same thing happened when SF went to Arrow to build a coaster for GA. They saw the plans for Loch Ness Monster's interlocking loops and said "give us that". Didn't matter to them that it wasn't a complete coaster, they just wanted to do the same thing on the cheap.

I know everyone wants it to be for flat ride(s) but chance are it will be parking for the Security and First Aid vehicles behind a big fence. They have lost all the parking they had over the years between the Golden Kingdom being built and the Safari Tour Bus pickup area.

There are plenty of empty spaces in the park that would be more logical choices for adding flat rides.

Look's like "Chang" might be themed to the "Green Lantern" after all. Six Flags spent 1mil. for the right's to theme a coaster to the movie. On another "note" the Six Flags Blog says there will be more than one new coaster going into it's parks for next season.

I find it sad that there have been more roller coaster rides in our parks history than actual flats in our park right now.. <_<

Me too, GADV is becoming like MM, all coasters and not much else to ride.

On another "note" the Six Flags Blog says there will be more than one new coaster going into it's parks for next season.

Chang at Great adventure(1 new coaster)+Mr.Six delayed Dance Coaster at Magic Mountain(1 new coaster)=2 new coasters for 2011

What Im trying to prove other than the the fact I knwo simple math is that we shouldnt really be expecting any other parks to get coasters like Chang for 2011.

However, SF did remove the ROad runner COaster from Kentucky Kingdom wich is a Wild Mouse, so perhaps this may go to another park and be themed to the dark knight since its the same ride type and has been obtained practically for free.

Is it me, or is B&M starting to get "Arrowish" with using the same elements in diffrent configuration's on alot of their coaster's. Your almost "guaranteed" two corkscrew's after the brake run.

I know what you mean. It's a lot of the same stuff, and while it's not necessarily bad, it just seems... hmm... all very familiar. It seems like Intamin is doing stuff a little more outside of the box -- like Fahrenheit and Maverick -- and it is refreshing. Those rides look small but sure do pack a punch. Their corkscrews are a little more interesting too. Traditional corkscrews seem like more of something that you just coast through, but the Intamin ones really seem to "snap" you through with more drive. I wouldn't mind something like that for, say, 2012... :D

I have a feeling we'll see a few new coasters at Six Flags parks next season.

As for Six Flags paying $1 million for naming rights for Green Lantern, that presentation was only laying out possibilities, not hard facts. As of now I think the name still has yet to be decided.