VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rides you wish weren't removed

warnerleroy

The Great American Scream Machine is my first and Free Fall is my second. GASM was and is my favorite coaster and Viper at magic Mountain or Vortex is the only two that will ever come close.As for Free Fall Cedar Fair patched that hole so thats cool(Demon Drop Dorney Park).Then the Enterprise,Space Shuttle.I loved Chiller but agree with its time being up,it had way to many problems and who wants to get stranded anyhow in the middle of the ride.No ride is worth that.

Antique Cars and the train, 2 tame family rides that the park is lacking

Bumper Cars, Flying Wave, Pirates Flight and other family flats/non coaster family rides

Movietown Water Effect and Hydro Flume, the lack of water rides causes the rapids and Saw Mill Log Flume to have longer lines. I skipped the flume a lot this season because I wasn't willing to wait 45 minutes to an hour and having 2 flumes would have helped lines.

The Great American Scream Machine is my first and Free Fall is my second. GASM was and is my favorite coaster and Viper at magic Mountain or Vortex is the only two that will ever come close.As for Free Fall Cedar Fair patched that hole so thats cool(Demon Drop Dorney Park).Then the Enterprise,Space Shuttle.I loved Chiller but agree with its time being up,it had way to many problems and who wants to get stranded anyhow in the middle of the ride.No ride is worth that.

GASM was your favorite roller coaster?? You need to get out more!

Rides I wish were still at Great Adventure:

1. "Calypso"

2. "Enterprise" (Shwarzkopf model)

3. "Joust-A-Bout"

4. "The Flying Wave" (Exactly for the reasons stated by "RobertDavid". Even Disney has one!)

5. "Monster Spin"

6. "Hydro Flume"

7. "Scrambler"

8. "Musik Express"

9. "Bumper Cars"

"The Antique Cars", "The Great Train Ride", and "Pirates Flight" would also be welcomed. I just haven't ridden those.

In reply to the one that thinks I wasnt on many coasters just because GASM is my favorite coaster.I've been to Cedar Point,Kennywood,Hershey,Dorney,Knoebels,Kings Dominon,Busch Gardens,just to name some.I've been on legendary coasters like Drachen Fire,and the origanal Steel Phantom,and both sides of the Chiller.I'm content with my track record and I love The Great Amerian Scream Machine.Atleast it ran and Drachen Fire was a lot rougher to,that would have gave the whiny anti-gasm babies something to cry about.Oh or nasty old Viper where El Toro is now.Now those were mean coasters.These B&Ms and Intamins are all the same(a dime a dozen)except a few. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading this site for a while but just decided to start posting here. I've been going to SFGA since since I was born in 94. Granted, that seems like nothing compared to you all. I have been a season pass holder my whole life though!

Here's my list of most missed rides;

1. Great American Scream Machine (Green Lantern has so much to live up to!)

2. Freefall (drop the penny as you go down!)

3. Chaos (apparently the design had mechanical problems throughout the world so it was scrapped... i loved the ride... so much fun!)

4. Spin Meister (stupid to have taken it away!)

5. Scrambler (a classic that should have been moved)

6. Taz Twister (really tied with the Scrambler but if I had to choose this is how it would be)

7. Movietown Water Effect (hardly rode it because it got me soaked but it was great to watch and when I did ride it I loved it)

8. Autobahn (Bumper Cars, I believe they were called Autobahn)

9. Musik Express

I am one of those people who would like to say I wish NONE of the rides were removed.

But some of my favorites that I truly miss are:

The Great American Scream Machine.

Freefall.

Condor.

Spinmeister.

The Pretty Monster aka Dream Street Dazzler.

Super Sidewinder.

Joust About.

and hate me all you want for this one...... Viper. :D

I know Viper was rough after a while but I thought that drop and the first inversion were incredible.

The last turn after the second inversion was the painful one for me. But I still think with a little work that design could have been a keeper.

B)

• 8 months later...

The only ride that shouldn't have been removed is--:batman: and Robin: The :chillpill: er (clever, isn't it). It should be rebuilt actually. Combined with the new technology and sources of energy, the ride could be properly rebuilt and function properly without causing blackouts to the rest of the park. It was a one-of-a-kind ride that was unique in almost everyway possible, and it brought in a LOT of attention and people. The park NEEDS the chiller because many people have stopped going back to the park after it was dismantled. But, the Chiller will probably never be rebuilt...:52:

• 1 month later...

In reply to the one that thinks I wasnt on many coasters just because GASM is my favorite coaster.I've been to Cedar Point,Kennywood,Hershey,Dorney,Knoebels,Kings Dominon,Busch Gardens,just to name some.I've been on legendary coasters like Drachen Fire,and the origanal Steel Phantom,and both sides of the Chiller.I'm content with my track record and I love The Great Amerian Scream Machine.Atleast it ran and Drachen Fire was a lot rougher to,that would have gave the whiny anti-gasm babies something to cry about.Oh or nasty old Viper where El Toro is now.Now those were mean coasters.These B&Ms and Intamins are all the same(a dime a dozen)except a few. tongue.gif

I love coasters that give you a nice jolt or rattle your body once an a while. I like Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce because the ride is different each time. El Toro is great but it is the same each time. I liked Mean Streak, GASM, Corkscrew (Cedar Point), Wildcat (Hershey), Loch Ness Monster, Mind Eraser (SFNE), Sidewinder, Thunderbolt (Kennywood), and Rolling Thunder. Don't get me wrong I love the new technology, but sometimes I was a ride that jolts you a bit. That's just me.

Bring the original park back, along with the complete fabric of it being family oriented with something for everyone. People want variety and GA (and other parks) seem to have lost that trade. That's why I compare Knott's Berry Farm to the original GA.

In terms of rides, bring back Freefall, Enterprise, Swabichian and Flying Wave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bring the original park back, along with the complete fabric of it being family oriented with something for everyone. People want variety and GA (and other parks) seem to have lost that trade. That's why I compare Knott's Berry Farm to the original GA.

In terms of rides, bring back Freefall, Enterprise, Swabichian and Flying Wave.

I couldn't agree more. The parks can not survive on teenage boys alone, and that is the only demographic Six Flags aknowledges. When the park opened it was a magical, family place. Now it is a loud, obnoxious, unattractive, teen hangout.

• 9 months later...

Obviously for me, Chiller. Had it been running correctly, I feel it really is the park's greatest loss. The guests have also noticed this major removal the most, and it is still often talked about within the park. GASM is not missed by the public, however I do miss it. I'd much rather have GASM then the Green Lantern. Freefall is also on my list. I loved that ride, very fast, very intense, and loved how you ended up looking at the sky.