VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Rolling Thunder

29yrswithaGApass

• 5 months later...

I just found an example of Rolling Thunder's Station Music. This Brings Back Memories! :D

I wish more coasters had station music especially ones made for the ride. While I never had the chance to visit when Rolling Thunder was around, the station music somewhat sounds like the Superman theme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish more coasters had station music especially ones made for the ride. While I never had the chance to visit when Rolling Thunder was around, the station music somewhat sounds like the Superman theme.

Unfortunately we live in an A.D.D. world where people have to be entertained or plugged in 24/7. Just playing music doesn't cut it any more - there has to be TV monitors playing all kinds of "entertainment" while people wait in lines.

Unfortunately we live in an A.D.D. world where people have to be entertained or plugged in 24/7. Just playing music doesn't cut it any more - there has to be TV monitors playing all kinds of "entertainment" while people wait in lines.

Which is why El Toro plays music videos instead of unique station music.

• 3 weeks later...

Which is why El Toro plays music videos instead of unique station music.

That's why I prefer a ride queue that sets a theatrical tone like Skull Mountain, as opposed to just watching TV videos. Obviously it is easier to accomplish this with indoor coasters, but the original queue for Batman: The Ride was a classic example of what can be done with outdoor ones. Too bad it was diminished over the years.

The queue for Dark Knight was pretty good when it was opened, but it seems lame now and needs some kind of update.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Made a trip to Six Flags Over Georgia and their Great American Scream Machine made me really miss Rolling Thunder (also our Scream Machine via the name). Didn’t take too many pictures or else I’d leave a trip report. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Can’t believe it’s been a decade. It still just doesn’t feel right getting off El Toro without heading right to Rolling Thunder for a few rides. I took this picture on the last day of operation, after my last front row ride on the coaster that made me fall in love with Great Adventure, and coasters in general.IMG_0662.jpeg.3b8098b904cf01650724131d3d7ff016.jpeg

• Like 1