VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

A Giga Drop Coming to GA?

Andrew M

I think the best idea would be to gut the Stunt Theater seats and build a drop tower/tower complex in the middle, using the covered seating area as a themed queue. The Stunt Show is never coming back and it would offer shade and protection from dropped objects for the guests waiting in line as well as ready made theming for a super hero or villain themed ride.

You would think since TDKR is coming out this year they would have added a ride this year based off of it.

think about it. a SF park has added a ride or show to one of their parks when a batman movie came out.

1992 - Batman the ride (SFGreat America) - Batman Returns... eventually leading to other parks

1995 - Batman Forever show - Batman Forever.... eventually leading to the Riddler's Revenge

1997 - Chiller - Batman and Robin... eventually leading to Mr. Freeze(s)

2005 - Batman Begins stunt shows at other SF parks - Batman Begins

2008 - The Dark Knight Coaster - TDK

2012 - The Dark Knight Rises..... ???

ive been thinking a cool idea would be a drop tower themed to Bane? since hes a powerful villian he deserves a powerful ride.

using the arena is definitely a good idea

this is just my idea... NOT A RUMOR

1992 - Batman the ride (SFGreat America) - Batman Returns... eventually leading to other parks

BTR is actually based on the first Tim Burton Batman movie. It just happened to debut in the year that Batman Returns came out.

1995 - Batman Forever show - Batman Forever.... eventually leading to the Riddler's Revenge

1997 - Chiller - Batman and Robin... eventually leading to Mr. Freeze(s)

2005 - Batman Begins stunt shows at other SF parks - Batman Begins

2008 - The Dark Knight Coaster - TDK

2012 - The Dark Knight Rises..... ???

With the rumors about Mr. Freeze being run backwards, maybe that's the new ride for The Dark Knight Rises.

• 3 months later...

I really don't like the idea of a drop tower on Kingda Ka. But, it would look horrible. Also, how are people supposed to get to it? Will the park reopen Kingda Ka's old queue, and use the queue in use now as the tower's queue? I've tried numerous times to come up with a way to make it work but it just can't. I really hope the park doesn't do this and keep the tallest coaster in the world the way it is now.

I'm gonna go a bit off topic and say that a Huss Giant Frisbee would fit well in the Golden Kingdom. I just think that the area needs a larger scale flat ride, not just a huge coaster and a kids play area.

• 2 months later...
Guest racinggal17

I really don't like the idea of a drop tower on Kingda Ka. But, it would look horrible. Also, how are people supposed to get to it? Will the park reopen Kingda Ka's old queue, and use the queue in use now as the tower's queue? I've tried numerous times to come up with a way to make it work but it just can't. I really hope the park doesn't do this and keep the tallest coaster in the world the way it is now.

I'm gonna go a bit off topic and say that a Huss Giant Frisbee would fit well in the Golden Kingdom. I just think that the area needs a larger scale flat ride, not just a huge coaster and a kids play area.

I do hope so, they need it!

Or they will build another kiddie ride

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, INTAMIN has a good rep except for the whole people falling out the restraints and losing limbs to broken cables thing. And that whole lack of reliability that is trademark of most INTAMIN products. Ask people at SFOG how much downtime Acrophobia has.

Actually Acrophobia has been working the past several times ive been to SFOG. I think they finaly got it working relibily.

S&S is usually pretty reliable, well as far as their drop towers go. I always see them working, unless its a part replacement here and there which is common for any ride. Also if you have 3 towers, one of them could offer a different ride experience similar to Dorney where one shoots up and the other just down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...