VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Safari Off Road Adventure Discussion Topic

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the surplus M35 trucks are the older A2 type. They were produced from 1950 to 1988. Most are powered by a turbo charged, mutifuel, inline 6 engine that produces 180 HP and a top speed of 55 MPH. A2 usually lack cab heaters and defrosters, power steering, and have manual transmissions. Though you can install cab heaters and power steering into them but it is expensive to do so. The A2s are well know to handle and ride "like a bulldozer", which means they are rough riding. A2s have their headlights located right by the grill. The newer A3s, which have turbo diesel engines, heat, power steering, automatic transmissions, and improved suspensions for a smoother ride have their headlights mounted on the front fenders. The A3s were only made from 1989 to 1995, so there are a lot fewer of them and cost 3 times as much as a older A2s. It is a bad idea to submerge the wheels like you see in the photos since water and muddy water can seep into the wheelbearings and ruin them. They would need to be taken apart, cleaned, and repacked with clean grease.

Edited by The Master

Does anybody know if this will be open all season? I'm hoping to get there when it opens but doubt I will since it appears to be opening in the summer. No theme park for me during the summer, only Hurricane Harbor! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

gallery_2_25_40338.jpeg

JACKSON, NJ—April 26, 2013—Six Flags Great Adventure assembles its new Safari Off Road Adventure truck fleet in preparation for a Memorial Day weekend launch. A total of 18 customized, surplus five-ton Army vehicles transformed into rugged Safari trucks will take guests off road and up close to the animals on this VIP-style journey. Each truck will be equipped with on-board video and a Safari guide to give guests a unique and interactive tour of the 350-acre wildlife preserve. Guests will encounter 1,200 animals and nearly 80 different species including lions, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, bison, tigers and bears. Skilled drivers will take guests right up to the animals, even wading through ponds and climbing hills. Safari Off Road Adventure will be included with theme park admission.

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend who is now a season pass holder :) forwarded an email that he rec'd about the season pass holder preview. I was hoping they would do something like this. And the preview couldn't work out to be more perfect for my boyfriend & I since we'll be returning from our 4 day mini vacation in OCMD on 5/23. The "plan" was to go to Six Flags on 5/24 to jump on a few coasters & hopefully go enjoy the new Safari together. This is definitely a plus for us. Anyway, back to the actual reason I'm posting here, I need somebody's help. This season is my 15th season with a season pass & my email address that I have associated with my season pass for every season has now been destroyed due to constant spam I was receiving as well having to change my password as somebody was trying to hack my email. Does anybody on here know how I can change this other then contacting the park? I just called the Six Flags Corporate offices hoping they could help me but I was transferred to voicemail which I'm sure my call won't be returned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

This season is my 15th season with a season pass & my email address that I have associated with my season pass for every season has now been destroyed due to constant spam I was receiving as well having to change my password as somebody was trying to hack my email. Does anybody on here know how I can change this other then contacting the park? I just called the Six Flags Corporate offices hoping they could help me but I was transferred to voicemail which I'm sure my call won't be returned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Go here. Everything should transfer automatically. http://content.sixflags.com/news/updateaccount.aspx

NOTICE:

SAFARI OFF ROAD ADVENTURE PREVIEW POSTPONED TO MAY 24 DUE TO THREAT OF SEVERE WEATHER

The introduction of the Safari Off Road Adventure has been postponed for season pass holders until Friday May 24th at 1pm due to the weather forecast. The ride will open to the media earlier that morning. It is still scheduled to open to the public on Saturday.

I am really getting excited about this new ride. It is the first addition since Kingda Ka and the Golden Kingdom in 2005 that pushes the physical boundaries of the theme park and ventures into non-accessible parts of the property!

I was saying the same exact thing! Is the company that is working on the themeing and details the same company that built the Golden Kingdom? I can't wait to see how Camp Adventura turns out, its looking very promising.