VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

1983 Yearbook - Season #10 - FreeFall/Parachuter's Perch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

One fo the things I find most interesting is that all show venues were used, Besides concerts the Great Arena still had its western show. The Americana Music Hall offered 3 diffrent shows. Bandstand by the Lake stil offered up music. What happened?

Edited by FlumeOp1974

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

OK, I am going to really date myself here, but who remembers these? They were typically found near the cash register in record stores (those use to be shops that sold these spinning black vinyl discs that made music :P ). I remember always seeing them at Sam Goody in Woodbridge Center mall. (Sam Goody was one of those record stores. The malls also use to have Orange Julius stands, Kaybee Toy and Hobby, and Hammond Organ stores back in those days!)

gallery_2_35_836838.jpg

gallery_2_35_397160.jpggallery_2_35_177783.jpg

1983 was the last time I ever went to GA. They had some great acts appear that year. If I could back in time, I would have gone to the Kenny Loggins concert. I went a couple of weeks after the Loggins concert to GA. I do remember seeing similar phamlets at music stores on Long Island.

• 1 year later...

I miss all the shows. For older and less adventurous people that don't want to ride super thrill coasters, the shows were awesome. Characters walking around the park, and little dance acts are okay, but shows were where it was at. To not have ANYTHING at the lakefront borders on criminal.

I graduated college in May of 1983.

Fiesta Texas and SFA both have a decent amount of good shows, from what I hear.

SFA has a surprisingly good show line up. A good mix of light shows, parades, etc. Wish we had that kind of stuff at SFGADV.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to 1983 Yearbook - Season #10 - FreeFall/Parachuter's Perch