VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

More Changes Coming To Six Flags Season Passes?

GAcoaster

I just noticed on Six Flags Fiesta Texas' Facebook page that they are now selling 'Memberships' rather than Season Passes.

gallery_1_767_51694.gif

I'm glad to see they are really trying to offer tiered passes with better benefits for those willing to pay. This is something that nearly every other chain does, and Six Flags has been missing the boat by not doing this all along.

That's the reason though I got Season Passes to Great Adventure instead of Dorney Park. I save over $400 a year getting SP to Gadv and with the payment plan it is a great deal. If Cedar Fair offered the same price/payment plan, I would be getting that season passs for the family. Actually I would probably get both season passes because we go to Kings Dominion almost every year because my parents live about 2 hours away.

I understand SF wants to squeeze every penny out of us but atleast let us get a few shows/stunt shows/parades in return.

SFMM started offering it at the beginning of the year. You can buy a season pass or a membership. A membership isn't replacing the season pass at all. I thought it would be just for SFMM since they are the only year round park. Now it seems like all the parks are getting them as each park has an FAQ page for it now.

In other words, they will probably start doing what CF does and start charging extra for admission into the sister parks.

I don't know how and why you are getting this impression. You can see in the screenshot GAcoaster posted that you still get free admission to other SF parks. A membership pass gives all the same benefits as a regular season pass, except you pay for it on a month to month basis and you can cancel it at anytime. Did you even follow the link GAcoaster posted?

Yes I did and that is an appeal to ridicule type question. I can see SF unchecking admission to other parks in the regular membership. The gold has free parking which us Season Pass holders have to pay extra for. Of course it isn't really free either since that is in the increased price of the gold over regular. I would not be surprised if SF comes up with gold and regular season passes. Also GAcoaster himself states SF is offering tiered passes for those willing to pay more.

It's not unreasonable if they did make it an up charge for going to other parks. Once again, most chains do that. To expect unlimited admission to all Six Flags parks for one whole year for the price of one day's admission is an unreasonable idea and an unworkable business model. If you look at the prices they are offering it's only a few dollars more for the extra perks. 99% of guests ONLY go to their local SF park and probably only go a couple of times in one year. The "fans" who travel from park to park and visit once a week are very few and far between, and while they have made out like bandits in the past, they might have to actually spend some money for a change in the future. They will also get more for their money in return.

But they already are offering gold and regular season passes. The only park to not have gold passes is GAdv. Are you guys thinking that the memberships are completely replacing the idea of a season pass?

This is the first time I have heard of these regular and gold SPs since I don't inspect the entire Six Flags chain website all the time. But it shows you can predict SF pretty easy. Your second question is another attempt to change the subject to me again. But to answer, I don't think the memberships will replace SP but they may apply alot of the ideas to SPs in the future. As for getting more for our money, we will have to wait and see about that since it can be pretty subjective. IMHO, I think I have been getting alot less in recent years from all the chains. I can see the memberships working at the warmer parks with longer seasons, but I don't think it would work out too well at GADV or other northern parks which can barely make it to the end of Oct without being snow and iced out.

How long before they come out with some kind of all inclusive pass, unlimited admission, parking, season meal pass, maybe unlimited go kart rides and a couple of rides on Dare Devil Dive per season and maybe even something like 2 - 3 vouchers for admission into the Flaspass line of a ride per visit. I'd pay $250 for something like that since I am already going to be paying around $200 total for my season pass, parking and the season meal pass this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

SFOG Had a SUPER deal last year for a 2013 SP. I get a season pass every year. I got an email saying if I bought my SP during Frightfest And bought 4 or more passes (which I do every year too) The Price Drops to $49.99 and if I renew my 2012 pass to a 2013 The price drops to $44.99 each the kicker was there was another promo Buy 4 passes get FREE GOLD on EVERY Pass! So I got 4 GOLD passes for $44.99 each. Which is LESS than the price of General Admission with FREE Parking at ALL SF Parks. How do they make money on this?

• 2 months later...

I DO NOT want them to change the pass' I like it the way it is.

But speaking of pass' I took a survey and Great Adventure wants to use the finger scanning when you go in. I do not want those finger scanners. On the survey they think it would be much quicker, 1. It is quick enough as is, 2. I used the Fingerprint scanners at Busch Gardens and it takes longer.

Edited by jollyroger

I was in DC last week and tryed to figure out if my season pass to Gadv would work for parking. I went on SFA web site and if you bought a season pass there, it would work at all the other parks including (and they mentioned this specicially) parking for Gadv. You go on SF Gadv web site and parking is extra and only works at Gadv. I went to SFA last friday and used my SF Gadv season pass that has parking on it and they let me right in. Maybe I got lucky or it will work at other parks.

And by the way, they let you in the park earlier with SF Gadv seaon pass (premium).