VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fly Me to the Moon - new simulator film for 2008

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody think a Mario Kart sim movie would work for the Right Stuff or it would end up like Paramount Parks' Days of Thunder sim movie?

Personally, I think it would work out because kids know about the Mario franchise more than the Looney Tunes characaters (not saying that I hate the Looney Tunes)

Here are characters that should be in the ride

Mario**

Luigi**

Peach**

Daisy**

Toad

Koopa Troopa

Yoshi

DK

Bowser

Wario

Waluigi

Toadette*

Toadsworth*

Bowser Jr. *

*Only appears in pre-show

** Has regular and baby versions

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who were deeply upset that Fly Me to the Moon ended its run for the season, do I have news for you!

Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, NJ is now playing the film in their IMAX theater! I was there this afternoon with work for a scavenger hunt and noticed the signs in the entrance area.

photo1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Does anybody think a Mario Kart sim movie would work for the Right Stuff or it would end up like Paramount Parks' Days of Thunder sim movie?

That would be awesome Mario Kart is my favorite game series, I'd want to see it every visit if there wasn't a long line.

Shifting the topic a little, what happened to the park's iwerks theater in the past few years to make it a capacity nightmare? They used to efficiently run the preshow (with a video that was actually relevant to the ride film) and get people in there every 7 minutes or so, assigning rows and all. Ever since Spongebob, they're either repeating some annoying and horrible generic simulator preshow endlessly or playing something that isn't even relevant to what you're about to see in the main theater. Worst of all, they now go around (slowly, no less) and check each seatbelt individually, something that drastically slows down loading time and was never necessary until just a few years ago. Did something happen to cause that change, or is the park just getting lazy as they let the dispatch cycles of this ride increase to 15 minutes, or even beyond that? A line from the start of the hangar building used to be well under an hour, but these days it's almost unbearable to wait for the ride.

They need more people checking the seatbelts. Last time I saw a show in there was in April or May. Only 3 out of 5 rows had people in them and they had 1 person checking the seatbelts. It took forever. I can only imagine how long it would have taken with a full show.

They need more people checking the seatbelts. Last time I saw a show in there was in April or May. Only 3 out of 5 rows had people in them and they had 1 person checking the seatbelts. It took forever. I can only imagine how long it would have taken with a full show.

Tell me about it. That is really grinding my gears :mad:

Luis L.

Shifting the topic a little, what happened to the park's iwerks theater in the past few years to make it a capacity nightmare? They used to efficiently run the preshow (with a video that was actually relevant to the ride film) and get people in there every 7 minutes or so, assigning rows and all. Ever since Spongebob, they're either repeating some annoying and horrible generic simulator preshow endlessly or playing something that isn't even relevant to what you're about to see in the main theater. Worst of all, they now go around (slowly, no less) and check each seatbelt individually, something that drastically slows down loading time and was never necessary until just a few years ago. Did something happen to cause that change, or is the park just getting lazy as they let the dispatch cycles of this ride increase to 15 minutes, or even beyond that? A line from the start of the hangar building used to be well under an hour, but these days it's almost unbearable to wait for the ride.

I notice that years ago you could see seatbelt indicator lights inside the op booth and the seatbelt locks used to be black. A couple of years ago they changed the locks to yellow ones which was the same time they started checking the seatbelts by hand and I no longer see indicator lights inside the op booth. My guess is the park did away with the seatbelt indicator board and lock sensors for some reason and changed the locks. Last friday the theater was painfully slow loading and they had the A/C on at night in Oct!

Edited by The Master

I think they still have the indicators and can tell remotely who is locked in and who is not. You can often hear the operator confirm some unlocked seats - for example "Row 3, Base 2, Seat 2". The attendants make the rounds and check the seats to make sure that guests are within the seat belts and not just sitting on a locked belt.

I think they still have the indicators and can tell remotely who is locked in and who is not. You can often hear the operator confirm some unlocked seats - for example "Row 3, Base 2, Seat 2". The attendants make the rounds and check the seats to make sure that guests are within the seat belts and not just sitting on a locked belt.

I have not seen them do this for years, they just check every seat by hand now.

My question is what happened after a decade of running the thing without individually checking that made them start?

I say, that they know the type of customers they are dealing with... Some people are ignorant or stupid and just don't listen to safety warnings to put the belt on... instead they might latch the belt and probably sit on it.