VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fly Me to the Moon - new simulator film for 2008

29yrswithaGApass

I loved it so much Im gonna see it twice ! This flick is gonna take out Batmans record! 80 mil or better for the opening weekend! If this steaming pile makes it more than 14 days in the theaters I will Ride Fly Me To The Moon again !!! Dont take that lightly I would rather chew my leg out of a bear trap than endure it again !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I cannot believe that that's even possible.....If we can blow up satellites in space we have the technology to put an end to these movies. Throw that chiwawa (spell checking couldn't even help me with that one) movie in there with them too.

So I saw Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D at the King of Prussia theater and guess what trailler they showed before the movie? FMTTM, ugg even the trailler for it was super lame. But now that I think of it the ride film is just a clip show of the main movie, how lame is that!

I figured maybe we had something made with the same design of the movie, but different from what the theatres will get. If it is true that we only have movie clips and every part of our ride is a part of the movie, I will be a bit mad because it will make our simulator into nothing but a high classed movie preview, at which point the park would be able to use the area much better. Hopefully our next film redeems the theatre!

I figured maybe we had something made with the same design of the movie, but different from what the theatres will get. If it is true that we only have movie clips and every part of our ride is a part of the movie, I will be a bit mad because it will make our simulator into nothing but a high classed movie preview, at which point the park would be able to use the area much better. Hopefully our next film redeems the theatre!

The trailler showed the astronaut opening the panel and the flies flying in and also showed them going though the wires and plugging in the loose arcing wire. They also showed them in the human astronaut suits walking around on the moon like the ride film ending. So the ride film is really just a trailler itself! <_<

Edited by The Master

I can see the argument in terms of The Dark Knight building as besides the smoky painting on the main side, it is large and gray and everything like that so it could. The Air Hanger made sense when it was built for the Right Stuff simulator that was in there, and since then the park has doen a decent job in attempting to keep up with the new shows. Dino ISland looked pretty good outside, Spongebob was ok with the crates simply repainted with a yellow sponge pattern, and now FMTTM just has a freaking banner. Yes there could be a lot more done, especially since the space shuttle harkens back to the air force theme from the original show, but the building I think works fine as it is.

The building is suppose to look like an aircraft hanger.

Luis L.

How does an aircraft hanger fit into any theme? I believe the area of the park it is in is called the "Boardwalk". How many boardwalks have aircraft hangers on them? Not to mention, not one single board. This is the problem SF has with themeing, they just don't understand it. They theme each ride completely separate from everything around them and seem to just throw them around the park, whether or not they fit into the theme of the area.

At one point the upper end of the Boardwalk was themed as an Airforce base (under Time Warner). It was Premier Parks who turned it into the Boardwalk and made the Airforce theming incongruous.

But then again, Premier also built The Golden Kingdom, so they COULD do theming when they put their minds to it. They learned that lesson too late.

I was very impressed with The Golden Kingdom. It is the best theming they've done in the park since it opened.

I really wish they would do something with Movie Town and the Boardwalk. I've never really liked either of those 2 sections. First of all the theming doesn't make any sense. They also cut down way too many trees in the Enchanted Forrest to make Movie Town. The boardwalk also ticked me off because it was built out into the parking lot and they cut down a lot of trees to make that monstrocity of an aircraft hanger and go cart track. Couldn't they have at least left some trees in the go cart track so you could be driving through the woods? I don't know if it was a safety issue or that it costs too much to work around trees, but they really seem to like cutting them down.

The Go cart area also used to be extra queue for The Right Stuff, back in it's heyday (1995) The Right Stuff building was themed quite well. They had a fighter jet parked in front of the hanger, the outdoor queue used to go though a jet engine testing area, and the indoor queue used to have a airforce office with a working phone answering machine on the desk then the park ripped it all out. They even had Edwards Airforce Base painted on all four sides.

Edited by The Master

The Go cart area also used to be extra queue for The Right Stuff, back in it's heyday (1995) The Right Stuff building was themed quite well. They had a fighter jet parked in front of the hanger, the outdoor queue used to go though a jet engine testing area, and the indoor queue used to have a airforce office with a working phone answering machine on the desk then the park ripped it all out. They even had Edwards Airforce Base painted on all four sides.

You seem to be missing the same point the park does. It's not that the attraction itself is not well themed, it's that it has nothing to do with the attractions around it or the theming of the area of the park that it is in.

I wasn't sure if there were trees exactly where the go carts were or not. I just remember when the employee dining was in that area it was one of the last wooded areas of the park and I was sad to see them cut them all down.

You seem to be missing the same point the park does. It's not that the attraction itself is not well themed, it's that it has nothing to do with the attractions around it or the theming of the area of the park that it is in.

I wasn't sure if there were trees exactly where the go carts were or not. I just remember when the employee dining was in that area it was one of the last wooded areas of the park and I was sad to see them cut them all down.

They used to have that whole area themed as Edwards AFB but most of it is gone except the EWAFB parachute training tower name for the parachute tower. GAdv has been a mixed/matched mess for a long time now. The whole area was repaved with blacktop to give it a runway feel but it has been painted blue for some weird reason. Funny thing is real most runways are white concrete like the Philly airport.

Edited by The Master

I think though that when The Right Stuff was there, the stuff in that area was all themed together. You had the AirForce Base, the Jump Tower, the Scrambler was themed that way as well, and The Scream Machine was there. No Superman at that point in time yet. So the themng of that end of the park worked well together. Since then other attractions have gone in or been removed and the theming was not kept together. So at one time it did make some semblence of sense.

This is what upsets me about the park. 'It used to be beautiful" "It used to be well themed". It seems like the park keeps going backwards, deteriorating, instead of getting better.

I have loved this park since it opened and I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but in a lot of ways I am. It's very frustrating to see something you love so much deteriorate. To see what was a magical, wonderfully themed park spread through a forrest become a slab of cement with rides thrown on it haphazardly breaks my heart. Its going from a theme park to a carnival.

I keep hoping that each new company that takes control will be it's savior, but it hasn't happened yet. But I never give up hope.