VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New show in Showcase Theatre?

joeyc98

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151657597288513&set=a.95325463512.81652.69421318512&type=1&theater

Six Flags Great Adventure just posted on their facebook saying "We want to know! What summer shows would you like to see in Showcase Theatre?"

This brings up so many questions and furthers the rumor that we might get something new in the area around Movietown for 2015.

They desperately need to reopen that theatre. I only hope they do not leave it to Facebook to determine what kind of entertainment to add. The people who read their Facebook page are the people already coming to the park and not the people they need to attract. They'll add a show geared toward teenagers, it will not attract any new guests, and everyone will say "You should just be happy they added a show". I see it coming.

They desperately need to reopen that theatre. I only hope they do not leave it to Facebook to determine what kind of entertainment to add. The people who read their Facebook page are the people already coming to the park and not the people they need to attract. They'll add a show geared toward teenagers, it will not attract any new guests, and everyone will say "You should just be happy they added a show". I see it coming.

I'm with you once again... And I also see it coming.

I would like to see them have some sort of stage/production show or maybe something similar to the Fantasy Factory (below) or Legends in Concert. Those were very popular. We had a lot of acrobat and magician shows through the years, but I would think those type of shows have fewer returning guests.

CELEBRITIES_1_copy.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I don't think so because Fender Benders are the park's bumper cars now and Déjà Vu is basically the park's version of a Music Express with the theming and music they play on it. However the park needs any shows it can get so if they only reopen the Showcase Theater it's better than nothing.

• 2 months later...
Guest Moonracker7

I doubt that most of what is closed and abandoned will be destroyed in a big plan to fix up the park; something similar to what Kinda Ka and El torro were apart of. let's just hope Six flags does not go into debt again because of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Great Adv. (and SF as a whole)should develop a partnership(s) with the various performing arts schools/colleges in Philadelphia & NYC.The principals & teachers could be hired during the summer as choreographers/bandleaders/etc and the students who completed X-amount of credits would earn a spot in their chosen area.

At the very least Great Adv. should take some pointers from SFA-SFA recently won a Golden Ticket award for Best Stunt Show :Wow: !!

• 4 weeks later...