VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Journey into Imagination 4?

MarioSonic94

There's a whole bunch of rumors spreading that the Imagination pavilion at Epcot will be closing down this January. Aside from Captain EO finally being retired for good, Journey into Imagination with Figment will also be closing for an extensive refurb.

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013/rumor-round-up-july-26-universal-orlando-disney-world/

As for this possible fourth iteration, some claim that the original 1983-1998 version of Journey into Imagination might return in some form to Epcot. And judging by Dreamfinder making a reappearance at this years D23 convention, this rumor might hold water.

For those who don't know, this is the original Journey into Imagination

I really hope that doesn't happen. I miss the original version of the ride and am tired of seeing rides being rethemed to include characters from movies and TV shows in the rides (Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin being an exception) especially at Epcot. If they want to build a Phineas and Ferb attraction, they should put it in Wonders of Life's spot. I have been very disappointed with most of the additions to Epcot over the last 15 years. I'd take Horizons, World of Motion, the original Spaceship Earth (where there was actually show scenes in the 2nd half to look at instead of looking at a screen) and Journey Into Imagination over anything added since then.

Edited by Yoshi