VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Expanding the park

jonlee

I would agree that Skyscreamer, El Diablo and Zumanjaro are thrill flat rides and not family rides. My wife would never go on a coaster and would never consider these rides. Skyscreamer is too high for her and a person who does not ride coasters will not loop around on El Diablo.

The park is losing family groups. With no dark rides that can be enjoyed together and no shows, it does not pay for a family of four to make a trip there.

I enjoy this website very much but do see that it is made up primarily of coaster enthusiasts. They alone cannot lead a park to success. I consider GA a thrill park and not theme park.

I agree with alot that's been said the last page or so of post's. Alot of it is spot on actually with the "nickel & diming" that i call it. I think the difference with me is I accept the fact that the park is basically an "inner city" thrill park now. If i want a bunch of nice "family" rides, and a balance, i don't come to Great Adventure, i take the drive out to Hershey (my closest geographically) I mean that's even what alot of the Management that work's at G.A. does yearly. The original vision of the park, envisioned by Warner Leroy died a long time ago when Six Flags bought it. What the park was back then the 1st few year's, has been basically "chipped away" at since. But i know what i am getting when i walk in the Gates. I know there are other Park's in the chain more well kept that Great Adventure, but i also look at some park's and feel really lucky. Watching a POV of "Medusa" in S F Mexico, it look's like the brake run is on the edge of the property on a St., looking over half-vacant homes.

Skyscreamer is most certainly a family attraction...I always see a wide variety of people on the ride. Sure, it is not for very little kids, but even my 6 year old step son had a fantastic time on it. Just because it is tall doesn't mean relatively small children and their families won't brave the otherwise tame ride with low height requirement. And El Diablo is catered to a similar (not exaact) market that RT was. It is something I will bring my step son in a year or two to warm him up to our major coasters.

Regardless, I am done posting in this topic until the topic switches. The white flag is out. I respect Daved's opinions and want to move on to more fun, free-flowing discussion.

Attacking a discussion because you are not winning an argument is not productive. This is a very important discussion. It is about the future of the park, a park we all care about and want to see successful. The fact is that focusing solely on teenagers and young adults is going to be the downfall of the park. These people alone cannot sustain the business. This demographic does not have the disposable income that adults have. More importantly, and seemingly completely out of the understanding of Six Flags, is that you can appeal to ALL demographics. You can have thrill rides AND family rides in a pleasant atmosphere with shows and good food for adults. You do not have to alienate families to appeal to teenagers.

Regardless of who the company wants to market the park to, it needs to be fixed. Before discussing expanding the park, the current areas of the park need to be utilized effectively. It is pathetic to have boarded up buildings, vacant buildings, walled off areas, and deteriorating rides and structures. Even teenagers find this unpleasant and unacceptable.

Attacking a discussion because you are not winning an argument is not productive. This is a very important discussion. It is about the future of the park, a park we all care about and want to see successful. The fact is that focusing solely on teenagers and young adults is going to be the downfall of the park. These people alone cannot sustain the business. This demographic does not have the disposable income that adults have. More importantly, and seemingly completely out of the understanding of Six Flags, is that you can appeal to ALL demographics. You can have thrill rides AND family rides in a pleasant atmosphere with shows and good food for adults. You do not have to alienate families to appeal to teenagers.Regardless of who the company wants to market the park to, it needs to be fixed. Before discussing expanding the park, the current areas of the park need to be utilized effectively. It is pathetic to have boarded up buildings, vacant buildings, walled off areas, and deteriorating rides and structures. Even teenagers find this unpleasant and unacceptable.

How is saying I am throwing the white flag and respect the opposition's opinion "attacking a discussion?" I argued my side for about 3 pages...I nurtured the discussion like a baby.

Also, at least as far as I'm concerned, my argument was never in support of an all-teen/thrill ride demographic. My argument was they have made moves to plug some of the holes with their recent additions. I acknowledge the park is far from perfect and needs more work to be a well-rounded experience. The argument came about because I felt Daved was not acknowledging these additions as being positive at all, as well as disputing small details along the way.