VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Expanding the park

jonlee

There has been talk in a few sections of the forums about why isn't the park expanding if they have so much land? What would you like see happen and where should the park expand?

how about before expansion, clean up the disgusting lake area, have some shows on the lake like they had yrs ago. then reopen old country section. SFgadv needs more flat rides to help with the crowds. also, some much needed new shows. and as for concerts, bring in some real talent, not these concerts no one has heard of.

I agree fix up the parts of the park that need it first- give Movietown a redo, reopen Old Country and put a new ride/coaster in the old RT spot. Then they can expand. If the park were to expand, I'd like to see something on the other side of the lake (but not intruding on Safari) and maybe behind the kiddie areas on the east side of the park heading towards Nitro.

where the hell did all those flat rides go when they did that campaign back in the like 1999, or 2000 and the war on lines? I remember riding them one year, and the following year, they were always closed, and then eventually, all removed. typical SFgadv, add a bunch of rides, and then take them all out. this park has no planning what so ever. has managaement ever stepped foot in another park? how about fix the decrepit lake area and reopen old country as a start.

I have to disagree with the lake area of the park. The peacefulness and how secluded it is makes me sometimes forget i'm in a noisy Theme park. If anything in that area, just add more landscaping similar to the small waterfall near BUgs Bunny National Park. Also, i would love to see a lake show added again but if anything, leave that area untouched unless a small, quiet, family flat were added.

where the hell did all those flat rides go when they did that campaign back in the like 1999, or 2000 and the war on lines? I remember riding them one year, and the following year, they were always closed, and then eventually, all removed. typical SFgadv, add a bunch of rides, and then take them all out. this park has no planning what so ever. has managaement ever stepped foot in another park? how about fix the decrepit lake area and reopen old country as a start.

You have described the lake as "disgusting" and "decrepit" in numerous posts. How so? Granted the lake isn't currently being used for shows but it is one of the nicest and most peaceful parts of the park.

The park has plenty of vacant areas that need to be filled up before any expanding. Really how much more can GADV expand since it is boxed in by the lake, safari, parking lot, and large backstage area?

Ive talked about expanding the park in a few areas. And while Im in total agreement fix the problem at hand. I ask why wasnt it done from the get go. A lot of whats been done cant be undone. Kind of hard to replace 100 year old trees once youve removed them. The back stage area has creeped into the park itself. Ever notice that in some of the pictures you not only see the park equipment but also personal cars.? Just some things dont set the theme park mood.

the great lake grandstand building is just not well kept, its looks dirty as hell. when is the last time they even used it. they still have props out on the lake from the lethal weapon stunt show which they haven't had in yrs. get rid of them. it makes the park and the waterfront area decrepit looking. I brought a few friends to SFgadv last season, the first time they have ever been here, and they commented how SFgadv was the dirtiest/filthiest park they have ever been in. and they have gone to parks all over the country. they also commented how poorly the entertainment is in the park, like having barely any shows. the park has such great potential, but the management has just been clueless the last so many yrs. and if your not going to reopen old country, bulldoze the area. why are you keeping buildings to rot decay. its just not a pleasant site.

the great lake grandstand building is just not well kept, its looks dirty as hell. when is the last time they even used it. they still have props out on the lake from the lethal weapon stunt show which they haven't had in yrs. get rid of them. it makes the park and the waterfront area decrepit looking. I brought a few friends to SFgadv last season, the first time they have ever been here, and they commented how SFgadv was the dirtiest/filthiest park they have ever been in. and they have gone to parks all over the country. they also commented how poorly the entertainment is in the park, like having barely any shows. the park has such great potential, but the management has just been clueless the last so many yrs. and if your not going to reopen old country, bulldoze the area. why are you keeping buildings to rot decay. its just not a pleasant site.

I agree with the entertainment issues (shows), but it is really not filthy. Go there 5 years ago and yeah, maybe it was dirty and disgusting but now the park is actually kept pretty clean.

There are a lot of unused space. Before expanding into unused land, management issues need to be fixed and old country needs to be reopened. Did they get rid of the flat rides because of maintenance costs or staffing? Everything revolves around money. If it's costing the part too much to maintain it and it's not that popular, dismantle it and leave an open space. (swings). Old country has so much potential and being close to the main entrance, it can attract people as soon as they enter the park.

I think a lot of it ios the managment of the time. For example the flying wave...maintenance and repair costs? When the ride is still in production. I agree some of them are just poor choices. Chaos, Jumpin Jack Flash, see a lot for sale on used amusment rides web sights. ANd its my beilive that a lot has to do the cost of insurance for them. And like to know the bill for KK, and the new drop tower. ANy clues?

Guest Moonracker7

A hotel on the lake would once and for all make our wishes granted. That would be nice- similar to the Contemporary but for a decent price.

I agree with the entertainment issues (shows), but it is really not filthy. Go there 5 years ago and yeah, maybe it was dirty and disgusting but now the park is actually kept pretty clean.

Early in the season GADV isn't too bad, but near season closing the park gets pretty grimy.

• 4 months later...

I say that they should add some flats near Bizarro to bring more people to that area of the park. I think that the lake view is nice, but the ugly grandstand blocks it. I would personally love for them to just demolish the darn thing and get it out of my sight. Chiller's station, Autobahn's remains, and Musik Express's remains should also be demolished as well as the rest of Old Country's buildings. Put a Wingrider in Chiller's spot which will take up most of Old County and add some flats in the rest of that and Movietown. They also should add some stuff past Rolling Thunder's old spot so that Zumanjaro isn't an oddball being so far back with a half mile long queue.

The queue for Zumanjaro is ridiculous. It took me forever to get to the ride SPRINTING. If they added some flats or something, and extended the path, I would be happy. Also, I don't want to see a wingrider until 1 or 2 more are built- they are still kind of raw and new, so B&M has been playing it very safe with the forces and ride experience. Once they get a sense of this ride type's limits, then I'm ready for B&M and SF collaborate to reach them at out park! But really, 5 B&M loopers in 1 park is unheard of and absolutely ridiculous and even the GP will know it. If we want a wingrider, one of the loopers is gonna have to go- it seems Bizarro is on the chopping block, but I'd much rather see Superman or Green Lantern go- A. Because Superman is forceless except for the pretzel loop, and GL is very uncomfortable now and I can feel the blood flowing to my ankles-painful! B. A new ride in the front would completely change the park's skyline for a while and perhaps they could incorporate a new entrance with it like CP! C. Bizarro is the FIRST floorless! Don't get rid of history!