VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Expanding the park

jonlee

An intamin giga is at the top of my want list too, and a blitz coaster (Intamin or Mack) is second. But those are way too pricey for six flags' taste right now.

^I basically meant that :P. We might get an RMC as those cost a little more than that price range, but still feasible. Wingrider is out of the question now. I really do believe a premier launch or an RMC are the only possibilities if we get a coaster this year

I think that is a good idea to expand parts of the park especially from Plaza Del Carnival to Golden Kingdom, it is a long walk already from El Toro to Kingda Ka. If they do build a pathway between those two, it would be very manageable.

62 dollars for a gold pass is cheaper than my Action Park pass was this past season. GA is way bigger than Action Park is and is open longer. They should definitely charge like what Cedar Fair is charging. DANofNJ, when you were at Cedar Point, was the class of people better than it is at GA? Also, how do GA's crowds compare to Action Park's?

The type of guests at Cedar Point compared to SFGadv is like night and day. in my 6 days spents at CP this summer, I didn't experience any line cutting, or any of the cursing and swearing by guests in the park, like you get at SFgadv. Everybody in line was so nice. I didn't have to go through metal detectors, and I still felt safer at CP. CP just gets a total different type of guest then SFGadv. On my bunch of visits this summer to action park, the crowds just didn't compare. SFGadv is way more crowded then what action park will ever see.

I didn't experience any line cutting, or any of the cursing and swearing by guests in the park, like you get at SFgadv. Everybody in line was so nice.

The amount of cursing and swearing by some guests is pathetic, especially from some of its "regulars". Would it kill certain people to tone it down especially when there are families and kids around?

, I totally agree. After my visit to the park this year. The line cutting,, the swearing, is unbelivable. And dress code...for guests.

Its posted but not inforced. ive visited Knobels, Dorney, and Adventureland here in iowa this summer. And would the difrance is

unbelivable in at all of them in guest conduct. And i belive its the parks responcablity to inforce thier rules. and run the park not the

guests dictate. If I were six flags Id to a few things, 1. No more deep discounts. Change the policy of age: No one under 18

without a parent. Large groups must have at least 1 adlut per every 10 under 18. And any form of bad behavior is cause for

pass revocating. reduce hours of operation go back to the 10am to 10pm.

I still think that age restricting the place is not a good idea at all. The other things mentioned above are. Not all people younger than 18 are bad and no other parks restrict age like that. For the majority of my Action Park visits this past summer, I was going alone. Although my friends went a few times, my parents did not go a single time. I would not have been able to go to Action Park at all because my parents didn't want to. They should pull more passes and I sure would do away with deep discounts in a heartbeat. It should be at least 100 dollars for a gold pass. If they did that, they would get more money for rides and price out a lot of the poorly behaved crowds. Action Park will never be as crowded than GA since it is not near any other attractions. GA is near the shore, so people can go there and the Jersey Shore. Action Park almost never has any discounts. Passholders get one bring a friend pass that is valid midweek and nothing else. They don't discount day tickets at all either.

Why do people feel age matters according to annoyance? If you really want people under age 18 to not be permitted in the park without their parents, then i guess you're gonna lose a bunch of the staff at Great Adventure too..

Oh and me.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know exactly where the land is that they are going to use for the solar farm? How about they use the current parking lot instead and use the forest for parking, taking out only a few trees. This would allow guests to park in a forest under the shade of trees, eliminate the destruction of more forest, and use the space that has already been cleared for solar panels.

Have they mentioned why the parking lot was not an option? I've always wanted them to build a new parking lot in the woods and utilize the current one for park expansion, since they keep expanding into it anyway. If they do not want to expand the park, then why not use it for solar panels?

Have they mentioned why the parking lot was not an option? I've always wanted them to build a new parking lot in the woods and utilize the current one for park expansion, since they keep expanding into it anyway. If they do not want to expand the park, then why not use it for solar panels?

Six Flags says the 134-acre site is the only one on its property large enough to accommodate the facility. The company says it considered a parking lot-based system but determined it wasn't feasible.

Full article & the solar panels can be discussed in this TOPIC

They won't spend money to fix the parking lot they have, so I highly doubt they'll build a new one. For expansion, there's a huge chunk of land that used to be the safari that can be developed.

Out of curiosity, would someone be kind enough to maybe go on google maps and copy the Ariel view on paint and draw the boarders of the parks property line? That would be awesome and very very much appreciated. I've always wondered exactly where the property begins and ends.

As for park expanding goes, I personally think that Great Adventure has potential to be a resort destination with the park size and roller coaster line up. I'd love to see a campground similar to something like Darien Lake but themed with log cabins and a hotel with a indoor waterpark like Great Escape has open year round on the park property. The reason why I would like to see overnight lodging brought to the park because it would bring much more revenue and increase of attendance from people visiting out of area. If the parks attendance increased it will leave them no choice but to add more rides to absorb the capacity.

I would also love to see the park overhaul sections like they done with Golden Kingdom, Plaza Del Carnival and Bugs Bunny National Park. However, on a slower scale where one season would be the area with a new flat or two followed by a new coaster or dark ride to anchor that section. If the park continued going the direction they started in 2005/2006 I couldn't Imagine how beautiful and different things would be today. Off course I understand that theming isn't cheap, but if the park improved it's quality then they would be able to get away with charging 80-90 for a one day ticket and 200$ season passes. Of course if everything was done right.... but the park has a long way to go before we ever come close to Universal or Disney, A LONG WAY to go.

I don't know the exact property lines so I can't help and don't want to give false info but i know they own land past the safari & reed road which is behind it(where the solar farm is going), and have heard they own down 537 almost to mcdonalds(?) and also own land the other way as well, along with land behind the park(skull/sealion stadium etc) where the switlik house is.

I did some research and from the 2014 financial report it states- "2,200 acres—separately gated theme park/safari and water park and approximately 556 acres of potentially developable land."

The safari is 350 acres, 200 something for theme park, and I'm not sure how much for harbor but it is only a dent compared to what they own.