VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Colossus

Password121

"Hello, Larson International? I'd like to change our order from four Giant Loops to five please!" :P

Hahaha.

I don't believe this will put TC in jeopardy at all, but I do think there is likely significant damage to the supports the top of the lift collapsed onto. It wouldn't surprise me if they ditched the entire lift structure and build something similar to SFGAm, or keep the gap where it collapse and use steel beems to support that segment.

Either way, I expect significant delays over this.

TC will likely end up with a Goliath/I-305/Skyrush support structure with the truss or enlarged spine and the minimal 2 support beams because of this fire. Anyone know why Sfgam decided to change the Supports on the lift at the last second? It's really cool-looking on a woodie (hybrid)

• 1 month later...

Ok, I have to bring this up because it does not seem to be talked about much. Am I the only one who feels the transformation is a tad boring? I mean lets face it there is not much to this at all. OK two lift hills and its basically the same run done twice (basically a mirror image of each other) Im sorry but I find this to be a lazy substitute at building a totally new coaster. They are ripping down almost everything but the lift hill and in reality its just one giant down hill run once you come out of the turn around.

Cyclones remodel blows this out of the water in comparison

Everywhere I go, people complain about the layout (and I mean EVERYWHERE on the internet). I've explained myself countless times, and Im not doing it in depth again. It's not boring. No way around that. Boring is a strong word. The pacing actually looks excellent and it may just be me but the green side looks a lot better than the blue side. I think they could have done a little better, but it's not bad. And IMO, WC is tremendously overrated. It is fantastic, but there are people out there ranking it number 1 already. I'm waiting until they are both done to actually rate them but for now, I think both are about equal in my book.

I think it looks pretty cool and I love the idea that the ride is now twice as long. I only rode Colossus about three times (during three different decades) with the first time being back in 1982. I never thought it was an exciting ride to start with especially with what seemed to be long portions of flat force-less track. The first drop was good but after that it seemed to be rather uneventful. I thing the redo will be a great improvement.

^That's fine. I respect that :)

Also, they have a block section where the blue train waits until the green train gets close to the lift. Then at the right time the blue train is released. Makes it a bit less difficult ;)

I think the layouts between the lifts for TC could have been a bit longer but what they do have is great and better than many coasters. For the dueling, the block out of the station helps, now SFMM just has to use it

As for WC it has grown on me. I see why people think highly of it since it has a longer ride time than some of the others and everything that the bigger ones have even though it's smaller. Plus it's the one closest to here so I might actually get to ride it sometime.

Edited by RC98

• 5 months later...

So I have been looking at pictures of the progress being made on TC (twisted colossus) and a question comes to mind. The "top gun" element, while it seems extremely cool, could this cause issues down the line as far as people from the above train throwing things down to the train crossing under? We all would hope no one would be dumb enough to do something like that BUT you never know. Am I the only one who has thought about? Do we think a net might possibly be added?

That's definitely true. A lot of time one (for lack of a better word) stupid person decides to do something insane and ruin it for everyone. That's unfortunately how most people get hurt on rides. If that ever happens they could add a net, or they might even have to stop the trains from dueling.

• 2 months later...

Not sure where to have posted the following, but figured this might be the best place.

Anyway, my friend took his family to Magic Mountain yesterday. They rode the new Twisted Colossus twice and recommended anybody who goes there to ride it. Breathtaking. There are some similarities to the original Colussus in terms of heights and drops.

By the way, where do you go on the forum to "start a new topic?"

Apparently Magic Mountain is having a lot of trouble getting it to duel. People are saying it only duels 50% of the time, and that the ride is much better with the dueling. This is mainly because dispatches have to be very quick, and people who are too large to fit in the restraints and people who have loose objects are making dispatches slower.