VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2015 at Great Adventure - El Diablo (formerly Looping Dragon)

29yrswithaGApass

Where's TV screens in the queue of El Diablo? Are they are added later soon?

TV screens are probably not the number 1 thing they need or have to focus on right now. If anything they'll be added later probably. What's the obsession about the Tvs anyway? Every time you post something it's always about the TVs lol

I doubt El Diablo's line will ever be 2 hours long. But TVs aren't really all that necessary anymore; nearly everyone these days has a smartphone to look at.

Edited by gencx

I have a question. Does "El Diablo" have the same kind of wheels like the "Bucanneer" to get it make it's revolution's? It does not seem to have a counterweight unless it is hidden within the "ring".

I did some digging, and it is a "tire-drive" system. Also that most of them are manually operated with a "dead mans chair". Meaning the ride op controls the rocking with a joystick, and the op's have to the weight distributed evenly. The "dead mans chair" means that if the "Joystick" is bumped when no one is sitting in the operator's Chair, it will not move the ride. It's inactive without someone weight in the Chair. Also that it should not be run in the Rain at all, and we'll be hearing that Tire "squeal" once they start to wear out. But it sound's like a system our Park staff knows well, we should have great reliability with it. They also make a Ferris Wheel with the Super Loop system that looks pretty neat being "hubless".

Edited by Railer

^ Yeah, these rides are essentially riding compartments attached to a belt that spans the inside of the ring. I wouldn't worry about the tire drives squealing as I haven't even heard a carnival version make that sort of noise.

From the description i read, it made it seem like the tires just ran on the outer side of the inner ring. I've heard it test, it is pretty loud. But what i meant by "squeal" was the same sound when the Bucanneer is stopping it's cycle, when the wheels slip a little. I understand what your saying though.

Here's the shot's from the "b-roll" on Mon at the Park that went up today on their site. I'm sure we'll be seeing the angle of getting "licked" by the Devil soon enough lol.

gallery_208_401_2426945.jpggallery_208_401_5951898.jpg

El Diablo Turns World Upside Down

Six Flags Great Adventure’s 13th Coaster Opens

Jackson, NJ ─ May 14, 2015 ─Beginning today, riders will feel the heat of Six Flags Great Adventure’s 13th roller coaster when it previews to Season Pass holders and Members during an event presented by Kia Motors America. The world’s largest theme park will open the devilish El Diablo to the general public on Saturday.

"The Jersey devil inspired the theme for our newest attraction, and El Diablo delivers a scorching thrill for a variety of age groups," said park President John Fitzgerald. “Our guests told us they wanted a ride that would excite tweens and prepare them for the extreme thrills of coasters like El Toro and Kingda Ka, and El Diablo is the perfect fit.”

The giant, fiery red, looping coaster is located in the Mexican-themed Plaza del Carnaval section of the park. It features riders sitting in “face-off” (face-to-face) seats rocketing forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction for even more thrills. Guests can experience six gravity-defying inversions before the train finally comes to a stop.

El Diablo riders must be at least 48 inches tall. El Diablo previews to Six Flags Season Pass holders and Members May 14 and 15, and will celebrate its grand opening to the public May 16.

For more information on Six Flags Great Adventure, visitwww.sixflags.com/greatadventure

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®. For more information, visitwww.sixflags.com.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

Unfortunately I can't make it to the Pass Previews, even though I have a gold pass because of school and being busy. But I'll be there Saturday on opening day to try this out! Expect a detailed review soon!

^^Also, nice pic Railer, that was a great and unique camera angle! Not sure if that was just a coincidence or deliberate though, probably a coincidence

I'm kind of surprised they didn't have the pass preview also on Saturday or maybe the first few hours of Saturday for people that can't get to the park on weekdays. The rain should keep a lot of people away on Saturday so hopefully you'll be able to ride it with a short wait.

Rode it today and it's a lot of fun. Great hangtime and a nice cycle duration. I wasn't sure about this addition, but it's definitely one I'll ride again.

Just curious, How does it compare to Space Shuttle/Looping Starship or Time Warp?

Way way way better than both imo. I really disliked Space Shuttle and Time Warp due to how uncomfotrable they were. El Diablo is surprising smooth and comfortable. The restraints don't hurt at all like the other two rides did which allows you to really enjoy the hang-time.

• 2 weeks later...