VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2015 at Great Adventure - El Diablo (formerly Looping Dragon)

29yrswithaGApass

I guess the the placement of the ride is staying the same, just the que will start from the opposite side of it now. I like the theme better, it fits well. It matches with alot of El Toro's merchandise, color scheme wise. I would of liked just "Diablo" better, the "El" is a little repeptative now. And anyone notice the little Heart in the "a" of "Diablo"?

I love this theme and name better. I think it'll be a better fit in PDC. Does anyone know if they plan on making a new path or reopening the current one between KK and El Toro? I saw on TPR that the parks make some smaller announcements in Feburary for things like shows, general improvements etc.

I also think that El Diablo is a much, much better name than Looping Dragon. It is a better theme as well and fits perfectly with El Toro nearby in terms of theme

Although this is a great change and concept for this ride, I would have to say that I am not surprised this happened. Originally the park had planned to build LD with the intention of reopening a path between GK and PDC using the old path of balins and reconfiguring the whole area depending on COST. Key words:Depending on COST.

What do you think the parks will announce in FEBRUARY? Is Great Adventure announcing anything else?

All the parks 2015 additions were announced back in August. I think if we were getting anything else it would've been included in the (re)announcement of El Diablo or if we were to get anything else they'd probably hold off with announcing it once the park is open or closer to opening. Anything is possible though. Edited by jdc12192

As far as February goes, I can see them announcing batman backwards, (hopefully) a paint job, maybe the baboons and a new show would be nice. It won't be a new ride or anything just small capital improvements around the park. Being that we got a small ride hopefully means money in the budget to fix up parts of the park.

It would be nice to see it running on opening day but based on past ride openings it doesn't seem likely. I don't think a ride has opened on opening day since Nitro.

I sent them a pretty long letter, regarding how bad the park has been looking recently, and how empty some parts of the park are, and how they decided to spend a bunch of money on El Diablo, instead of using all of that money to fix up the park. I'll let you guys know if I receive anything back

Hopefully Batman Backwards. Do you know something we don't? ;)

How many trains of Namtab are going around? SFOG just announced they will have Batman backwards from March 14th - May 10th. Does that leave some hope for us??

Edited by jdc12192

How many trains of Namtab are going around? SFOG just announced they will have Batman backwards from March 14th - May 10th. Does that leave some hope for us??

If I'm correct, there is only one backwards Batman train traveling around the parks.

Greatadv will probally get it during the summer or fall season.

• 2 weeks later...