VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

How do you feel about today's 2015 new attraction announcement?

hollyferry

I'm really curious about this. There seems to be a lot of...anger...over the fact of what SFGA is getting/not getting. I'm curious to know why. Right now a lot of us sound like when my kids are fighting, "But he got a bigger piece of cake than me! It's not fair!" :-P

I'm upset that there was no mention of Namtab...which was something I was really really looking forward to.

Also a bit ticked that SF insists that the Looping Dragon is a coaster, when I think it needs to be labeled as a flat ride.

Overall, for me, it is what it is. We need a flat (a few more would be nice as well), so I'm not too upset about the LD even though I won't be riding it. The grill at HH will be a nice addition IF the dining pass will be allowed there. Don't care about the cabanas. The Fright Fest additions will be nice as well, just hoping they aren't up charge attractions. Fingers crossed that 2016 is GA's year for a new big coaster.

I agree, it is what it is, but deff do not label this as a coaster. Makes it seem like the park is trying WAY to hard to get the coaster count up. Maybe they would have a higher coaster count if they stopped removing them

I think a lot of it for me is the perception that we as guests have vs. the perception that the park has marketed forward. To all of us, this ride is a flat. The park needs flats, great! However, since it is one of Six Flags's flagship parks, I would want to see something like a flat package vs. just one flat ride. If they had given us a package of 3 flats (including looping dragon), and dispersed them throughout the park (similar to the sky screamer/adventure alley year), that would be great. Yes, it'd still be a carnival ride, but it IS fun (lest we forget), and it's one portion of a 3 portion course to spruce up our park's rides and disperse the crowds a little bit.

My issue comes then with the park's insistence on calling this our 13th coaster, and billing it as a MAJOR attraction. It's not a major attraction. It's a 10 minute diversion as we're walking from Ka to Toro. To treat it as more is to insult the parkgoers, tricking them into thinking its more. Build a few modest flats, like this, call it an updated war on lines or whatever, and then everyone's perception changes. They become nice park fillers, which our park desperately needs.

So for me, yeah, I'm happy that we are getting this ride. It's a fun diversion/ flat ride, like the Sky Screamer, Deja Vu, Buccaneer, etc. It fills out the park nicely. However, it's a complementary piece, not a major attraction like the park's PR team thinks. Yes, they have a responsibility to pimp their rides (yeah, I went there), but there comes a point where the hyperbole-filled bubble bursts, and I think that is the main cause of the backlash here.

• Like 1

This ride is a FLAT RIDE. It is NOT a ROLLER COASTER. Six Flags should have made it a flats package if they wanted flat rides, adding only one and billing it as a major attraction will not please park guests. Adding more rides to fill in space in the park will. If SF is saving their money by not building any more flats, I would like to see them upgrade their antiquated, run down infrastructure. I could name a long list of things that need an upgrade.

I wish it was a true coaster coming to town but I am happy with the addition of a ride I know my daughter will enjoy riding when her taller sister is riding Bizzaro or any of the other looping coasters.

As far as the marketing, I don't care that the park is billing this as a new coaster. Like SlickMittens said, they are trying to "pimp their ride" (I enjoyed that). It's their job to build interest in the park. I think some jobs would be lost if the marketing people put out ads saying
"Come see out new ride that's fun but only thrilling to smaller riders." We know what it is so this tact isn't for us. I would say its for the visitors who aren't familiar with this ride form fairs/carnivals.

I will ride this and enjoy it. I never pay to ride it at the carnival because I can ride better rides at GA. Now that I will be able to get on at no additional charge I'm in. I will take it for what it is, a low cost addition to the park that I hope will give the park flexibility to add something bigger and badder in the next couple of years.

I will laugh and have fun with my 9 year old who loves the looper when she gets to ride it once a year.

obviously the new FF attractions will be upcharged...

If we received more than one flat like back in 2012 with Adventure Alley then I wouldn't have been complaining as much. And its a fact that we should have been one of the first parks on the list to get the Justice League dark ride. We've been missing our simulator since 2010, we haven't gotten any type of indoor attraction since 2008 with TDKC but everyone completely hates the poor ride so you would have thought by now we would have received something.

Yes Zumanjaro was record breaking but we were one of the only Six Flags parks without a drop tower.

The Safari ORA was just taking our Safari that we already had but adding it to the theme park.

The Skyscreamer can be found at any of the SF parks, and we added a few needed flats but nothing unique.

Green Lantern made us take down GASM for a PRE-USED roller coaster that's just as rough... but hey at least we can call GL an actual roller coaster.

Medusa was turned into Bizarro... adding some new paint n effects

TDKC was a commercial failure and now gets barely any love and the effects are slowly fading away year after year.

The point being we are suppose of be one of the top parks in the SF franchise, and one of the biggest attractions in New Jersey and on the east coast, but when I see other parks like Magic Mountain and Over Texas constantly getting these AMAZING new attractions ill admit I do sort of feel jealous and a little spiteful. The last great attraction we got was El Toro which will be a decade old in 2 years! Great Adventure always brings out that inner kid in me so if I want to have a fit about us not getting "the best" since we DESERVE the best, than I will ;)

While it would be nice to get a "flat ride package" keep in mind that it would come at the expense of something else to create the added budgeting for the staff and maintenance for a flat ride package. One ride can easily be added without too much problem, but anything more is a much bigger expense far beyond the cost of the actual ride.

Once again, unless the parks attendance makes more dramatic gains, the ride counts will remain more or less steady. Adding lots of rides at one time didn't work in the past and won't work in the future.

I'm all for adding more rides to the park, and I'll admit i have ridden this ride before and they are damn fun, but I'm just upset how they are trying to market it as a coaster AND how we are still lacking a NAMTAB announcement. All the clues hinted towards it..

When it comes to staffing and maintenance, we are talking about the same park that added a drop tower that's breaking down more than its breaking records.. and has to have staff on each individual gondola rather than all together.

This is just my personal opinion but I feel like every year we keep telling ourselves to wait for next year when we receive something BIGGER AND BETTER. Also, by the time we receive our own RMC or JL dark ride it will be old news. I for one want something new, fresh, and different from everyone else. Something that's iconic and symbolic to just Six Flags Great Adventure.

The Six Flags parks are just like the brothers and sisters of a big family. Yes, there may seem to be a favorite or two at times but sometimes you have to throw the smallest kid a bone.

This year we aren't on the receiving end of the biggest or coolest gift, but at lease we are getting something. There were several seasons when we didn't get anything in the theme park - 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2010.

It is all a game of balancing things out - receive something record setting this year expect less next year. And even though the thought of SF Great America concentrating on its history sounds cool, it also has a hint of Great Adventure's "Summer of Festivals" from 2002 which had to be my least favorite addition. I think we are making out better than them.

In the end, I am not disappointed we are getting our new ride. We need a new thirll ride (and yes, I too consider it a non-coaster ride.) It will be very popular. My biggest disappointment for next year is that we aren't getting Holiday in the Park like some of the surveys hinted towards. We are missing out on a great opportunity with that one.

• Like 1

The Six Flags parks are just like the brothers and sisters of a big family. Yes, there may seem to be a favorite or two at times but sometimes you have to throw the smallest kid a bone.

This year we aren't on the receiving end of the biggest or coolest gift, but at lease we are getting something. There were several seasons when we didn't get anything in the theme park - 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2010.

It is all a game of balancing things out - receive something record setting this year expect less next year. And even though the thought of SF Great America concentrating on its history sounds cool, it also has the hint's of Great Adventure's "Summer of Festivals" from 2002 which had to be my least favorite addition. I think we are making out better than them.

In the end, I am not disappointed we are getting our new ride. We need a new thirll ride (and yes, I too consider it a non-coaster ride.) It will be very popular. My biggest disappointment for next year is that we aren't getting Holiday in the Park like some of the surveys hinted towards. We are missing out on a great opportunity with that one.

Hey Harry,

Have you heard anything regarding Namtab? I think I'm more upset about that than anything else lol

i assume staffing and the rides the park opens is planned during the previous season and is based on a budget set based on previous park attendance as well as projections for the coming season. It cant be an easy task to set the proper staffing level and ride count for maximum efficiency and profitability.

Overall, I hate everything about our announcement besides the Fright Fest announcement. I want Holiday In The Park more than anything right now. And I think it's still possible that we could get it. So I made a Petition, https://www.change.org/p/six-flags-great-adventure-don-t-give-us-looping-dragon

I think 90% of us would rather have the money that's going to be spend on Looping Dragon, to be spent fixing up the park, and for us to get Holiday In The Park for 2014. Please sign my petition if you agree, and share it with your friends so we can get as many signatures as we can.

SIgning the petition will do nothing. They probably have already started marking the foundation and stuff for the ride. It has already been decided and there is nothing you can do. You can get 100,000 signatures and they still won't care. I'm sure all the pieces for the ride are already made. They aren't just going to cancel the ride and send it somewhere else.

SIgning the petition will do nothing. They probably have already started marking the foundation and stuff for the ride. It has already been decided and there is nothing you can do. You can get 100,000 signatures and they still won't care. I'm sure all the pieces for the ride are already made. They aren't just going to cancel the ride and send it somewhere else.

It will do something. They planned to take down Houdini, but then 600 people liked a page to keep it opened, and they kept it opened. If you do not want a cleaner park, and Holiday In The Park, then you don't have to sign in. Maybe they this petition won't stop the production of the Looping Dragon, but they will see that their customers want Holiday In The Park, and a cleaner park. And could maybe do both of those.

Edited by YoungPup