VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

Harry, your depth of Great Adventure knowledge and the classic photo repository make GAH hands down the BEST non-Disney enthusiast site! You're right up there with Yesterland! (I hope that doesn't sound like a dig. I simply love how both sites revisit the history of their parks.)

I remember the "Statue of Liberty" too.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Harry, your depth of Great Adventure knowledge and the classic photo repository make GAH hands down the BEST non-Disney enthusiast site! You're right up there with Yesterland! (I hope that doesn't sound like a dig. I simply love how both sites revisit the history of their parks.)

Thanks Thunderbolt! GAcoaster and I have always said that one of our goals with the site is to make GAH a comprehensive and entertaining place for fans of Great Adventure. From your compliments it sound like we are heading in the right direction! We have MUCH MUCH more to come so stay tuned! :)

And no dig with Yesterland.. it's a great site and it's nice to know we are in such good company!

McDonalds opened in 1994 and closed in 2003, although there were talks of adding a McDonalds more than ten years before that.

Ha, another example of my memory failing me. I remembered seeing the Mc Donalds when I was in school, but I suppose not, I graduated in 1994.

Here are my guesses

1. Bugs Bunny Land

2. Main Street Market

3. Looney Tunes Shoppe

4. Six Flags 45th Aniversary Outer Mall Floral Cake

5. Adventure Theater (When it was Looney Tunes Lakeside Theatre)

Luis L.

Edited by Luis L

QUESTION #36: There is a Bugs Bunny figure in one of the windows of the Studio 28 Arcade (Skeeball Barn) this year. Where did this Bugs figure originally appear in the park?

gallery_2_257_211885.jpg

Wasn't he one of the figures originally part of the entrance signage for the Great Character Cafe (I hate that name!)?

I'm not sure about Bugs Bunny Land. But heres what I know about the other guesses

Main Street Market- There was one and a Daffy Duck figure in the center of the store

Looney Tunes Shoppe- There is one on top on the check out counters

45th Anniversary Floral Cake- There was one and a Daffy Duck figure

Adventure Theatre- There was one that was part of several Looney Tunes figures

Luis L

Edited by Luis L

I knew you would get this one Daved! You've got it! The contract was actually for five years and the miniature village was removed at the end of the 1978 season and the park's first miniature golf course was built in 1979.

The village actually didn't travel too far after it was removed, setting up shop in Washington NJ as an indoor attraction called Miniature Kingdom. It has since closed.

Nice job!

:clap:

Watch for a Garden of Marvels Spotlight towards the end of September which will include about 150 photos of this unique attraction.

I'm really looking forward to that spotlight. I miss that little village! :crying:

The only reason I picked that was because of the pic. a couple of questions ago of the rehab of the tree. Harry, you sometimes have a tendency to ask a question that is related to a previous question, a couple of questions apart. That is how I have figured a couple out in the past.