VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

False. I still get a kick out of the pose the actor's that play Robin at the park do for pics with quest's. Next to our Batman who puts on a really "pissed off" face for pics, Robin just looks silly. At least the new actor who started a few weeks ago is not as bad a "poser' for pics as the last one.

Here's the answer to Question #25:

I warned you it was a trick question! During the summer of 1991 a temporary stunt show was set up on the site of the Monster Spin next to the Yum Yum Palace. The show was themed to the new Warner Brothers movie Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves. The show served as a test to determine how well a stunt-type show would be received by Great Advetnure's patrons. It proved to be very popular and in 1992 the Batman Stunt Arena and Show were added.

So Robin did preceed Batman, just not THAT Robin! :)

gallery_2_34_417652.jpg

gallery_2_34_425842.jpg

gallery_2_34_324345.jpg

Harry, was this set used for anything else? I went to the park on May 16th of that year. It was probably too early for the set to be up. Also, are those the original park admission booths used in the set?

The stage was assembled in June and the show debuted on July 13th, 1991 and played until September 2, 1991. The stage was used later in the season for a Halloween show "Battle of the Sorcerers" which was a magic competition. The stage was removed after the park closed for 1991.

It does look like they used the original ticket booths but the set was built from scratch.

19910126.jpg

QUESTION #27:

As timely as today's headlines, what year was the gas station added to Great Adventure and what brand gasoline was sold?

Bonus question: How many pumps were built?

The gas station opened for the 1980 season and the original gasoline it sold was Getty. I have no idea how many pumps it originally opened with.

The gas station opened for the 1980 season and the original gasoline it sold was Getty. I have no idea how many pumps it originally opened with.

Way to go Daved !!! :clap: And in record time!

The Getty Gas Station was added in 1980 as a "guest convenience to deal with gas crisis". It featured 11 pumps one of which was for diesel.

I have been amazed this year with the pump prices in the park being pretty much on par with the area for a good part of the season. Whenever I go I gas up before heading to the park because it's definitely cheaper to do so off of Route 9 or 35 than it is as I get closer to the park, but if I were forced to get gas there for some reason it doesn't seem like I would be paying too much more. The reasoning for it being introduced though is quite interesting, though a station at a park is only logical if you think about it.

The answer is Bugs Bunny Land had more rides.

In 2005, Bugs Bunny Land closed with 13 rides:

1 Bugs Bunny Barnstormers

2 Bugs Bunny Railroad

3 Daffy's Duckaneer

4 Daffy Duck's Magic Motorcade

5 Looney Tunes Log Jam

6 Marvin the martian's Space Chase

7 Pepe Le Pew's Pleasure Cruise

8 Petunia Pig's Love Bugs

9 Road Runner's Beep Beep Buggies

10 Speedy Gonzalez's Tijuana Taxi

11 Tasmanian Devil's Tornado