VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

Is the wall and crypt from the Haunted Castle?

No and No :(

My money is on the fence from the Castle and the castle wall from the old Arena jousting show.

No and No :(

None of it has to do with the Haunted Castle. By the way, I love the expression on the nurse-ghoul! <-- That's not a hint- just a personal observation!

I got it!!! The bush right above the nurse ghoul's head started off as a little sapling in the Old Country, and the ghoul walking all the way on the left was a ride op in Bugs Bunny Land. :rolllaf:

You could not have gotten that answer on your own... who told you? :D

Time for a hint: The two items are the castle looking piece against the Rotor and those tall olive green metal pieces along the shrubs. Anyone on the mod/admin team know this one?

The next one will be easier!

The metal pieces were actually the entrance gates to the park that were replaced for 1988 so that the metal detectors could be built in to the entrance way.

gallery_2_239_45032.jpg

The structure next to the Rotor was part of the facade that wrapped around the Perthy P. Pellican Puppet Show to make it look like a castle for the Dastardly Dragon Puppet Show.

gallery_2_32_476399.jpg

(29yrswithaGApass @ Jun 1 2008, 03:56 PM)

The structure next to the Rotor was part of the facade that wrapped around the Perthy P. Pellican Puppet Show to make it look like a castle for the Dastardly Dragon Puppet Show.

I remember "The Great Gadzooks" and "The Salty Dog" Puppet Shows, but not "Perthy P. Pellican". When did this show run again?

(Thunderbolt @ Jun 1 2008, 09:26 PM)

I remember "The Great Gadzooks" and "The Salty Dog" Puppet Shows, but not "Perthy P. Pellican". When did this show run again.

Perthy P. Pellican was the first character featured in the new puppet theater added in 1978 and peformed until the end of the 1984 season. In 1985 Perthy was replaced with the Salty Dog show.

(29yrswithaGApass @ Jun 2 2008, 10:03 PM)

Perthy P. Pellican was the first character featured in the new puppet theater added in 1978 and peformed until the end of the 1984 season. In 1985 Perthy was replaced with the Salty Dog show.

Didn't "The Great Gadzooks" precede "The Salty Dog", or did "The Salty Dog" make two runs? I remember "The Great Gadzooks".

Didn't "The Great Gadzooks" precede "The Salty Dog", or did "The Salty Dog" make two runs? I remember "The Great Gadzooks".

I don't recall "The Great Gadzooks" and can't find any reference of him. What type of character was he?

Salty Dog started in 1985 and ran up until Dastardly Dragon in 1990. Based on the success of Perthy, the park added a second puppet theater (shaped like a ship) in Kiddie Kingdom for 1982 to the rear of the King's Sandbox. It was called Foghorn Follies and featured "a bunch of nonsensical, whimsical pirate ship puppets". Was he possibly in that show?

gallery_2_237_82734.jpg