VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

Did it stay at the same location for it's entire lifespan, even though it served two purposes? I'm still in recovery from the Giant Wheel lighting fixture puzzle. I had it in the back of my mind and almost nailed it. So I shall proceed with caution on this one.

Hmm...I have two thoughts. If the first one is wrong, I'm going with the second.

I think it's the balloon from one of the Main Street shops (I forgot the name)

My second guess is the little Apollo like Space Craft outside of Shuttle and Centerfugue

No to both!

Did it stay at the same location for it's entire lifespan, even though it served two purposes? I'm still in recovery from the Giant Wheel lighting fixture puzzle. I had it in the back of my mind and almost nailed it. So I shall proceed with caution on this one.

It did not stay at the same location for it's lifespan, although it didn't move too far! By the way, what was the pay phone reference with the Giant Wheel part?

Here' another clue:

The ride is no longer in the park, but this object was the name of the ride when its purpose was for the ride.

... Now if you can make heads or tails out of that you'll be in good shape.

But just in case, here's one more- the outside of this object was yellow.

Yep, that's it! The photo is taken from underneath the sombrero. It was added to El Sombrero (Swabinchen) shortly after the rides was reintroduced to the park in 1993. It was removed from the ride at the end of the 1997 season and put atop a new games stand in Bugs Bunny Land in 1998. The stand was removed when Bugs Bunnyland was leveled to make way for the Golden Kingdom at the end of 2004.

gallery_2_110_137950.jpg

gallery_2_110_639902.jpg

^ Exactly! Nice job! The advertising pillar was added to the park in 1997 to promote the newly built shopping outlets which opened under the Six Flags name. The same pillar that is in the park promoting the outlets can be found outside the outlet food court promoting the park.

To elaborate on the answer for the last question:

The image was the top of the advertising column found in the park today:

gallery_2_28_96292.jpg

It originally featured the Six Flags Factory Outlets Logo when it was added in 1997:

gallery_2_28_272964.jpg

Its twin can be found at the Jackson Outlet Village still today:

gallery_2_28_152990.jpg