VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

ANSWER: Here is where the Hot Air Balloon landing fields were located:

1974 - It was located on the current site of the Boardwalk Games.

gallery_2_43_410467.jpg

1975 - Fortune Festival (now the site of the Boardwalk Games) was built and the airfield was moved behind the Garden of Marvels (now site of the Fly Me to the Moon and Great American Road Race). It remained in operation at this site until the balloon was retired after the 1977 season.

gallery_2_43_343248.jpg

In 1975, the pamphlet map rendering had the airfield located within the Hydro Flume track (on the current site of Looney Tunes Seaport), although this was never built.

gallery_2_43_318919.jpg

Yes. Supposedly it made its way down to Arizona where it was used for a short time as a ballon-for-hire attraction but since has been retired. We have acquired enough info and photos for a Hot Air Balloon Spotlight now, so you should see one for that attraction in the future.

sweet, I lived in AZ for many years till last summer when i moved back to Sayreville, i always saw them launching there ballons in the desert but i did not ever see the great adventure one, they had several companies out there all with similar types of ballons but nothing as cool as the great adventure one.