VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SeaWorld Orlando Announces New 2016 Ride - Mako

jdc12192

From the press release-

Something is stirring beneath the surface at SeaWorld Orlando, preparing to rise from the ocean depths and soar to thrilling new heights. Get ready for the frenzy of SeaWorld’s new 200-foot-tall coaster. In 2016, this thriller will take its place atop the food chain as Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster. More details on the new addition will surface in late-May. SeaWorld is a one-of-a-kind theme park with a variety of attractions including awe-inspiring animal encounters, thrilling rides and spectacular shows. Follow #nothingfaster as the frenzy starts.

@SeaWorld: New 2016 coaster at SeaWorld to be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, longest. #NothingFaster

I love how they put in a new coaster the year after I finally get to go there :P

Although this is no guarantee Screamscape claims it will be a Mack coaster. A custom layout from Mack with a ride experience like their other bigger coasters would be awesome!

Edited by RC98

• 5 weeks later...

It does look like a nice ride and it is good to see that SeaWorld will have the bragging rights for the tallest, fastest, and longest coaster in Orlando. Busch always comes up with unique coaster names but I am surprised that they picked a name that is so similar to their last coaster (Mako and Manta). I think some guests would think the two rides are one in the same.

Here's a "narrated" POV from the announcement. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but i like the newer design element's on Fury 325. This seem's sort of "dated" now except for after the "block brakes" where it interact's with the entry portal, and hits a couple "overbank's". It's almost a "NItro" clone.

https://youtu.be/pWiE06r5oK0

Edited by Railer

• 10 months later...

See the houses under the "share" arrow? I live in that neighborhood... :P

Nice. I would go broke getting season passes for all of the parks you live near.

On a side note, I guess its time to admit I need reading glasses. I thought your neighborhood was where the horses under the "share" arrow.

I guess I can pretend to be young a little longer by enlarge my font size.

From the video, the coaster looks like it could be one of the best in the state. The MCBR didn't slow down the train as much as I was expecting it to. This is another park I really want to get back to. I haven't been there since 2004 and still have yet to ride a coaster there (it was too cold for Journey to Atlantis and I wasn't ready for a coaster like Kraken at the time).

• 4 weeks later...