VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Lake Grandstand, Aqua Stadium, and Live n Local Stage being removed

Railer

Today a member of the Crew working, and a member of Management confirmed that they are all being removed this season. And also a large area in the Parking Lot by "Kingda Ka" is being fenced off. Someone mentioned that the Fence may be for the "Chevy Test Drive" coming up, but in the past "Test Drives" have always been done "in-park" (Jeep a few yrs ago). Here's shot's of the work that was going on early today, and the Fence going up in the lot.

gallery_208_401_969576.jpggallery_208_401_110955.jpggallery_208_401_87578.jpggallery_208_401_999793.jpggallery_208_401_1314876.jpggallery_208_401_657887.jpggallery_208_401_1726324.jpggallery_208_401_1159314.jpggallery_208_401_811452.jpggallery_208_401_528942.jpggallery_208_401_985117.jpggallery_208_401_820406.jpggallery_208_401_80303.jpggallery_208_401_1008337.jpggallery_208_401_711704.jpggallery_208_401_874070.jpg

Edited by Railer

I say that lakefront and adventure ally are merging in 2016 with East boardwalk(current boardwalk area/left of park entrance) and west boardwalk (Blackbeard, skull mountain, Adventure ally/west of park entrance) or something like that.

A member of the Park's "blue shirted" Maintainance staff (the Union ones) that was working with the surveying crew said what the new attraction is going to be when i flat-out just asked him. But from his tone of voice and body launguage, i think he he was just bullshi**ing. He said behind Aqua Stadium, that they are putting a new coaster in, bigger than any they have done, and way bigger than Nitro even. His exact words almost. But from his tone, and how he said it, i think he was just messing around. I'm not spreading that rumor until i have something else to confirm it.

Edited by Railer

Looking at aerials, I just don't see enough room on that thin peninsula to place a huge coaster. Based on the markings and area we know that is going to be cleared, I can't picture anything besides a coaster with a very thin blueprint. My best guess is a B:TR at SFFT, maybe a little larger.

I really hope they do keep the area wooded, however. I do kind of wish the next major coaster would be in Old Country and not by the lake.

I've done the same already also. I don't believe what that "Blue Shirt" said at this point, but never know. It's still to early to tell what is coming. The only thing for sure now is that those structures are being removed for something.

• Like 1

The fenced area is for the test drive event.

Couple people have said that now. I believe it. They did the Jeep Test Drive "in-park", but that was the obstacle course they had set up. It was small. I doubt they would let someone drive a Vette' inside the Park, they need space.

I said this over a year ago on these forums: "You know, I think it would be cool if they made a coaster on the lake where they had the fireworks, and I mean the entire coaster on the lake. although that's impossible, just a dream wish that would never happen."

My "dream" is getting closer to coming true. Of course I doubt we would see a coaster go over the lake, maybe a little but the entire thing is probably a bit too difficult to do.

I was talking to some other people with kids at the Media Day for El Diablo, and we all were thinking how bad of an idea one central Kids Section would be. Right now it is very easy with the Kids section's split up on different ends of the Park for someone to stay with the Kids, while an adult hit's one of the "big" Coasters. Then that adult comes back to watch the Kids, while the other adult rides the Coaster. Having to go half way across the Park to grab a ride will ruin that for many Parent's. After talking to quite a few about it, everyone that has kids is against the idea.

As much as i'd like a new coaster, i enjoy the tranquility of the lake front. Must every inch of the park be developed or have attractions? Its good to have a nice shaded area to go n relax. I think since they're removing Grand Stand amd the fort, any coster in that area should go towards skull mountain and keep switlik lake clear.

I agree with keeping it open. Any Coaster should only be right next to Blackbeard's and go back. A flat or 2 and lakeside dining/shopping is all want anywhere from the "Live-n-Local" stage to the rear of "Bugs Bunny National Park". But i am almost positive that new dining/shopping options will be built. That area of the Park now generates ZERO revenue, they won't keep it that way. I can easily vision sort of a "Pirate's Cove" themed new area to extend the existing theme along the back side of the park, and would be perfect fit with what is already there. And if a "bigger" ride is part of it, i won't mind it having a cool and aggressive Pirate theme.

When a guest enters the park they first thing that their eyes will be drawn to is whatever they decide to add to the Aqua stadium area. So hopefully they put in some thought about that. I could see a pirate themed dark ride, with an aqua twist ride next to it.

^ I was thinking the same thing. I'm almost 100% positive though the Dark Ride will be "Justice League" sometime within the next few years in our old Simulator building. The reviews say it's really good, and it does look really good from the POV vid. I was thinking a Pirate "Splash Battle" somewhere in there could be a possibility also. One hasn't gone in any Six Flags park's in a few year's, but something like that would be fitting for that area.

Here's a couple shot's from today. Work on removing some exterior features has started on "Fort Independence", and work inside as well. No sign's of anything by "Chiller". Some spotlight's were being dropped off in the Employee lot today, maybe for work or just extra lighting in the park. I will post a huge PTR later today. My complete update is on Facebook now on "Six Flags Great Adventure Insider Updates".

gallery_208_401_588572.jpggallery_208_401_815975.jpg

Here's a couple shot's from today. Work on removing some exterior features has started on "Fort Independence", and work inside as well. No sign's of anything by "Chiller". Some spotlight's were being dropped off in the Employee lot today, maybe for work or just extra lighting in the park. I will post a huge PTR later today. My complete update is on Facebook now on "Six Flags Great Adventure Insider Updates".

Those pics look the same as from last July, besides the board behind the gate.

lwE8nZ6.jpg

Saw someone cleaning the pool yesterday. It looks really dirty, like it hasn't been cleaned in months.

My thoughts are:

1) Maybe they just "clean" a bit like this on a normal basis, but still somehow let the pool get dirty.

2) Maybe they're actually trying to completely clean the pool.

ws74H3J.jpg

9038GaP.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was at the park yesterday and saw it, and today some pics popped up of the "Live n Local" Stage being dismantled. The steel framework is carefully being broken down. I may head out to the park today for some shot's of it.

• 3 weeks later...