VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Lake Grandstand, Aqua Stadium, and Live n Local Stage being removed

Railer

Ok here we go. The Fort is hereto stay. it was built for the sky ride and Runnyaway Mine Train. ANd if and this is a big if. A new coaster is planned for RMT it will more then likey be a replacement Mine train Family Coaster. Theres lots companys the build them.

^ That's why i hope they are maintaining it properly. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon, but if it gets to that "point on no return", where the maintainance cost's become too much because of previous neglect, it would be a devasting blow. The Fort is almost the "Heart" of the park, being home to the Skyride, and Runaway Train, and one of the best photo op's in any Theme Park, it has defined Great Adventure for many year's. But i don't think the Runaway Train or the Skyride are going anywhere, they always keep up on the maintinance on Runaway, and i have seen them maintaining the Skyride this season many times, and posted the shot's of it. The Fort's maintainance is what i worry about sometimes.

They better not take the fort out. That's the backbone to the park.

I don't go to amusement parks anymore, even though I'm within a 45-minute radius of Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland without traffic, but can somebody please describe the clintele that exists today at GA?

By the way, there's a lot of excellent opinions on this original topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's such a shame to see not one but TWO show venues get demo'd. They should have demolished the Old Country and built something in that waste of space... The lakefront would be nicer without a coaster there IMO. But WOOO! for the 4D free spin! if that's really what we're getting!

Am i the only one who may actually cry, it sounds kinda stupid cause they were unused and shows but i love the park as ive been visiting it since i was 4, and ive always looked at the Fort and Grandstand and always thought they were cool. Now they are gone and i just know that next time i go it will be a different view. It looks like yesterday was my last look at the Grandstand and Fort, i am excited for 2016 though.

I thought of you Harry while there, on my one Video i have footage of them ripping one of the Original Light Fixtures out of the ground. That actually got me, and made me a little sad. I think me and your rep were only ones left taking pics.