VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Playland's Castaway Cove adding Gale Force

Yoshi

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It looks like it will be $10 for 1 ride or 14 tickets. Even with the half price sale at $0.50 a ticket that is still $7 per ride. I thought it would be 8 tickets at the most. The new family coaster will be 6 tickets and the spinning coaster will be 4 tickets.

• 6 months later...

The park is closed for the season but the park still wants to try to open both coasters for at least 1 weekend, the earliest being November. At this point, they should just say they are new for 2017. After Columbus Day weekend, the boardwalk basically shuts down except for a couple of arcades and the Christmas store near the park. I can't imagine they will get a lot of people visiting on a weekend in November with just the 2 coasters open unless they are expecting locals to visit.

https://www.facebook.com/Playland-Castaway-Cove-113880001976434/

They posted a couple of months ago they couldn't open Gale Force until the other coaster was finished and I think that took longer than expected although I thought the 2nd coaster was completed by the end of August.

• 3 weeks later...

They posted another update

https://www.facebook.com/Playland-Castaway-Cove-113880001976434/

The trains for the family coaster are still not at the park so the ride has to be tested and they are still tweaking Gale Force.

I think at this point they just need to make the 2 coasters new for 2017 attractions.

• 3 weeks later...

The real reason GaleForce didn't open this year:

http://coasterforce.com/ecg-test-rides-galeforce/

If the track wasn't lining up correctly and a new piece of track has to be manufactured it sounds like they knew about it so it seems strange the park kept saying they would try to open the coaster this year when they probably knew there was no chance of it happening by the time the new track was finished, shipped from Italy, installed and tested.

• 11 months later...

I wonder if there was more issues than just a "slightly bumpier ride" unless S&S just wants it to be in as best condition as possible to not hurt future sales? I'm glad the track is being replaced if it will make the ride better. I didn't get there this year and now don't feel as bad as not riding the coaster yet.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Yoshi said:

The bad luck for this ride continues, test dummies fell out of the ride and hit the roof of a nearby hotel.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Roller-Coaster-Test-Dummies-Fall-Crash-Ocean-City-Jersey-Shore-Hotel-Roof-509233341.html

That's so unfortunate. GaleForce is an extremely good ride! It really exceeded my expectations. The trains added for 2018 really improved the ride experience. 

Hartley said the dummies had leaks that went undetected and they lost their mass and shape, causing them to fall.

“Obviously it’s not something that would ever happen with a person in it,” Hartley said. “You know you don’t lose rigidity in a person. The lap bar comes down. You’re secured in there.”

They say this couldn't happen with a person, but imagine a scenario where someone's massive ass implants burst while riding.

• Haha 3

On 4/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, Medusa42 said:

They say this couldn't happen with a person, but imagine a scenario where someone's massive ass implants burst while riding.

Are they legit ass implants or the shady black market ones with tubed silicon?