VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Also, coaster studios isn't the most reliable source, so take anything he says with a couple grains of salt.

Lmao he seems reliable to me

The old simulator building isn't just used for the two terror trails. The back is storage and the complete left side of the building, which was added on to since the days when it was used as a ride, is used by the games dept today for prize storage.

Harry's post is a great example of why everything should be taken with a grain of salt. How can one teenager possibly know every little detail that goes into making big decisions at every Six Flags? What looks like an unused building to someone who has never visited the park, can have a whole list of uses behind it. Granted, our simulator building's uses aren't terribly crucial or irreplaceable, it's not as simple as just moving right on into an unoccupied building. There are lots of things that happen behind the scenes at theme parks, and even things that are known to close fans, but unknown to someone miles away in another state. I know a lot about our park and a decent amount of what happens behind the scenes, but there are still many cases where I don't know the full story or reasonings behind decisions. There are way too many details for one person to know and be able to reliably make accurate statements about.

I do have to admit that I respect Coaster Studios, since he's generally the most sensible teenager I've come across when it comes to things like this.

/rant

• Like 3

I don't want to get into a rant about Coaster Studios but there's been a handful of copyright infringement issues, breaking park rules, not crediting sources and claiming them as his own, reporting rumor as fact saying his "inside sources confirmed..." and it was entirely false, then taking down said video immediately after being proven wrong and not saying anything about how he published misinformation and disregards the video entirely. He gets a lot of credit, and therefore subscribers, and therefore money, from things that aren't his.

Anyhow, back on topic. The main reasoning I don't see a Justice League ride in '17 is that every single year after a SF park has gotten a "major" addition (including RMC coasters, Free Spins, or dark rides) the last five years, they've followed up with a "minor" addition (flat rides, waterpark product, etc). That includes Magic Mountain, and that includes Great America.

Going back a few Post's, they would have to remove the "Slingshot" for the "Hall Of Justice" Facade and the overflow Que. The GA Road Race would be fine though. They could move "Slingshot" right across to the area next to the "Green Lantern" and behind "Twister". But they would have to make a couple more HUGE footer's and the Foundation that "Slingshot" sits on is really big and deep. A move for that would not be cheap, but it's Money they could re-coup from the Games and all the new Traffic in the Boardwalk heading to a "JL". And Slingshot is an "upcharge", they would have incentive to move it, and not just re-move it. And even the Demographic of who the main rider's of a "JL" would be, are the same ones that would spend $$$ in the Games, Family's. That addition, in that spot, will prob be the best location of a "Justice League" in the whole Chain with it's surrounding Rides, and the $$$ it can generate.

And going back to Matt's post also, there ia ALOT that factor's into where and what happen's in any Park, and especially one in NJ with out "tight" State Rules and Regulation's. We have it harder that alot of other Park's in other States. RIght off the bat (and easy to see) you can't have any Coaster Track with Guest Path's underneath it, without some sort off Roof. That is a rule that hardly any other States have

Just gonna add another factor in there..

The way I understand it, Six Flags does not own the Slingshot, Dare Devil Dive, GoKarts, or Soaring Eagle. (aka all the upcharge attractions) They are owned by an outside company, and Six Flags just rents/leases the land to the company. This is another level of complication since if this is really how it works, they'd have to renegotiate or even end the contracts/leases for these pieces of land and the attractions that sit on them.

Then it's a good thing they don't have to worry about it this year lol. Think it's time to go a snoopin' on the "minutes", see if any other demo work has come up. They have to do something with those old Wooden Stand's along the Pathway in the "Old Country" re-furbished (i hope, they are still really nice looking) or removed. Something is going to pop up soon for some news.

and especially one in NJ with out "tight" State Rules and Regulation's. We have it harder that alot of other Park's in other States. RIght off the bat (and easy to see) you can't have any Coaster Track with Guest Path's underneath it, without some sort off Roof. That is a rule that hardly any other States have

heck, there are parks in PA that don't even have air gates between people in line and the next coaster train

It always did with the Original Portal, now it's the only exception in the whole Park. And i wonder how they got around it on this one? Maybe they gave the original Permit the "clear" since they said they were replacing the Sign? It is a requirement in NJ, they wouldn't have built all the little cover's in "Green Lantern's" que, and the whole "Zumanjaro" debacle was over the Ride being under the Track. Even the one end of "The Joker" has a Roof over the Line that goes to the back side of it.

They got away with It, because it was "grandfathered" in being built prior to 2002 when the Law's changed. It seem's that anything built prior to 2002, if modification's are done, they can be exempt from re-certifying the Ride somehow. They still have to re-certify the Operation's every year though. There are more Laws that are not included in this form, they give another site to look at, or say go to your Local Library.

http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/codreg/pdf_regs/njac_5_14A.pdf

Edited by Railer

We have two more months left until SF announces new rides next year at SF parks, next month is August so we will figure it out when our park will get new ride next year like JL dark ride or not. And we still have no clues from Six Flags about this new ride next year, anyone?

Why are you so obsessed with JL dark rides?

• Like 1

I know when they usually apply for the following year's Capital, Although this year "Carribean Cove" came thru in March pretty late. The Security Gates, and the New Backstage Trailer were all in it. But i was looking for anything else really.just going on around the Property, alot coming up with the Solar going thru.

I was at great adventure today and rode sky screamer and took a look at the old chillers spot and boy is it small. I don't see a coaster going there unless its a tiny and underwhelming ride. I think I could see flats cuz the space is wayyyyyyyy to small for a coaster unless they tare some trees and buildings I don't see it.

I was at great adventure today and rode sky screamer and took a look at the old chillers spot and boy is it small. I don't see a coaster going there unless its a tiny and underwhelming ride. I think I could see flats cuz the space is wayyyyyyyy to small for a coaster unless they tare some trees and buildings I don't see it.

It's actually not that small, especially when you factor in if a coaster crosses over by Freefall's old location. Obviously not a spot for a coaster with a massive footprint, but SFGAm fit RMC's tallest coaster yet in a similar plot of land.

I was at the park last night and saw it from the Skyride. No visible markings or much going on. If something big is to go there, we should start seeing some activity over the next month.

It's actually not that small, especially when you factor in if a coaster crosses over by Freefall's old location. Obviously not a spot for a coaster with a massive footprint, but SFGAm fit RMC's tallest coaster yet in a similar plot of land.

I was at the park last night and saw it from the Skyride. No visible markings or much going on. If something big is to go there, we should start seeing some activity over the next month.

Would have to walk the Path down in the "Old Country" and look over the Fences to really see good if anything is going on. And walk along the Parking Lot Fence from that little "turnaround" spot just past the Bus Stop's, toward the Front Gate. Walk along all the way up to where it turn's into the "Picnic Grove", in that unused Wooded area is where the survey marking's were/are.

Okay, I'm seen all videos about Six Flags 2017 future rides at YouTube, there's too many people predicting JL dark ride is coming to our park well as SFMM too next year. Some people predicting other rides coming to other parks next year like RMC Cyclone for SFOG and 4D Free Fly Coaster for SFOT.

Just cause everyone predicts it doesn't mean it's happening.

A TREX would actually bring me back to SFGAdv. A JL dark ride would not.