VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Were not getting a new original coaster til atleast 2027. We might get copy of other rides.

How'd you know? Six Flags will always look into new rides and test it at different parks each time, SFGADV will be tested on of course in that time

Were not getting a new original coaster til atleast 2027. We might get copy of other rides. I predict 2018 magic mountain gets the first trex ride

If MM gets the dive coaster they're rumored to get then gadv will be do much more likely to get the Trex. I don't see MM going with a Trex when there watching closely on 2016s biggest hit (probably) valraven.

Welp, I was wrong. I'm cautiously optimistic about this ride. It seems like it could be a lot of fun but the other installations have all been plagued with downtime. Missed out riding it in Texas.

It's a little disappointing we are finding all this out so early, but at least we know we got something exciting to look forward to next year. I am doubtful 2018 will be a coaster year since Joker and JL are both pretty major on the current SF scale.

One thing that is a little concerning is that SF seems so content on adding the same things to every park. By next year about half the chain or more will have JL rides, Super Loops, and RMC conversions (Free Spins will likely be in that category rather soon as well). It kind of takes away my desire to travel to the other SF parks. I really hope at some point they switch it up and give some parks general improvements (paint jobs, repavements, landscaping, etc...) and the other half larger scale coasters. Then vice versa the next year, or something along those lines.

Edited by Nitro1118
  • Like 1

I love how the agenda says Great Adventure and not Six Flags or even Six Flags Great Adventure. I have no problem with the Six Flags name but I am still old school and think it is wonderful when it is called simply Great Adventure!

Could be a local thing too! I don't think I know anyone in this area that referres to it as 'six flags'.

It's a little disappointing we are finding all this out so early, but at least we know we got something exciting to look forward to next year. I am doubtful 2018 will be a coaster year since Joker and JL are both pretty major on the current SF scale.

One thing that is a little concerning is that SF seems so content on adding the same things to every park. By next year about half the chain or more will have JL rides, Super Loops, and RMC conversions (Free Spins will likely be in that category rather soon as well). It kind of takes away my desire to travel to the other SF parks. I really hope at some point they switch it up and give some parks general improvements (paint jobs, repavements, landscaping, etc...) and the other half larger scale coasters. Then vice versa the next year, or something along those lines.

RMC conversions are amazing though and I would never complain about there being more and more of them.

^^^ Already said that the Union Local is Building the "Barn", and that's what the work is that they have at the Park that i have known about. That, along with the Survey and all the other stuff that happened that we have been talking about for a year now. And i didn't have anyone convinced, the fact's i pointed out is what had people thinking it was a Coaster. That's all i ever point out. But i was thinking with "Lightning Rod" down again, and never really up and running ever yet, i bet it did kill any more Launcher's from RMC for the time being, and maybe they had to change it up the last minute, and that's why they are making such, as what i see a "shortsided" move with the location. I have been saying the priority to them is to get those Path's up and running to help distribute our heavy Crowd's. How cheap those new Building's are, along with getting that section up and running again, maybe "trumped" what they have to know is a better location for a "JL" on the "Boardwalk".

And just think, now after everything is open, "Movietown" will be the "Rainy Day" part of the Park starting next year. Everyone will run there to get out of the Rain since all the enclosed attraction's (cept' for Skull) are going to be right next to each other. (Showcase, TDK, JL) The Guest's all the way over in Frontier Adventures will be screwed and get soaked with that hike across the Park lol.

So now with JL semi-confirmed, we now have a high-quality dark ride to add to the list of our already amazing ride collection. With this addition the whole right side of the park will most likely come to life, considering its a family attraction, and those who like Toy Story Mania will come running over. Movietown will finally be alive again!! Hopefully Great Adventure comes out with an idea for a show in the Showcase Theater! It would be awesome if Brad Ross came back....

So now with JL semi-confirmed, we now have a high-quality dark ride to add to the list of our already amazing ride collection. With this addition the whole right side of the park will most likely come to life, considering its a family attraction, and those who like Toy Story Mania will come running over. Movietown will finally be alive again!! Hopefully Great Adventure comes out with an idea for a show in the Showcase Theater! It would be awesome if Brad Ross came back....

My brother had the idea that since they don't have any shows in there right now, they should just play Looney Toons.