VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 16 - Restore Congo Rapids waterfalls

• 3 weeks later...

It would be good to see the waterfalls back. With the current setup, it seems like unless you are facing backwards or close to backwards during the small "drop" towards the end of the ride you aren't going to get cooled off much. With only 2 water rides now, I think it would be good for Saw Mill Log Flume to be the water ride you won't get soaked at and Congo Rapids the ride where no one exits the ride dry.

It would be good to see the waterfalls back. With the current setup, it seems like unless you are facing backwards or close to backwards during the small "drop" towards the end of the ride you aren't going to get cooled off much. With only 2 water rides now, I think it would be good for Saw Mill Log Flume to be the water ride you won't get soaked at and Congo Rapids the ride where no one exits the ride dry.

Thats the problem. It should be that but when I went this summer it was the exact opposite.

Right now the only way I've ever gotten wet on Congo Rapids is by the spraying hose at the end, and for a lot of the ride the rafts just drift around without much happening. Having the waterfalls back would improve the ride experience greatly!

My favorite rapids ride is the one at Dorney, no one EVER comes off that one dry!

I took my daughter and her friend for their first ride on Congo Rapids on a hot day in September last year. The line was long so it took us a little while to get on. We were the only 3 to get our backs turned to the rapids at the exact right time. We got off soaked. As I said, it was last September on a hot day. Well, being late September, it wasn't hot when we got off. Those poor girls were cold the rest of the night but they wanted to stick it out. Ah memories.

I would love to see Congo Rapids back in full action. When it first opened it was a ride I would always go on for a cool down.

I think there is even a tree growing in the rockwork for the old waterfalls. It would also be nice if they removed all that signage hiding one of the tiki rocks at the entrance for CR.

Edited by The Master

I don't think sinking would still be an issue given the added boards to guide the rafts away from the waterfall walls. I would imagine a bigger issue is guests unbuckling and running to the other sides of the raft to escape the waterfalls. Guests aren't always too bright!

Do people really try to avoid getting wet on CONGO RAPIDS?

Is it true one of the main reasons they stopped is fear of rafts getting stuck and capsizing/sinking?

If so couldn't that problem be changed if they added a waterfall that went across the ride, instead of from the sides like below-

Roaring-Rapids-1.gif

166171-425x263-Rapids-Water-Park-2698.jp

I've heard another issue is that whirlpools can form, possibly causing a boat to get stuck under the waterfall.