VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Best place to put a new coaster?

Fgcassady

Where should the next coaster go?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. We have a lot of places where coasters could go, where do you think the best place would be?

• Old Country
    • Where Rolling Thunder was
    • Replace Bizarro
    • Next to Congo Rapids
    • On the empty blacktop next to Green Lantern

I voted Old Country. I don't want to lose Bizarro but I do want to see the old country section to open up. I miss the days of Freefall, autobahn and the express. I hope if a coaster does go in there that some flats go in along with it.

The BEST place for a new coaster if I had to choose one would be Safari Seaport. I would relocate the kids stuff to the middle of the park along the lake, expanding the BBNP to fill the whole lake front area behind Yum Yum where the grandstand used to be, then build a great new coaster over where the kids area was, taking advantage of the wooded area and allowing for a BIG new coaster to draw people to that end of the park.

• Like 1

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. I think pulling the kids rides to one area is a good one. I think a parent would like to have one place to go to in the park for kid rides. It seems like it would be a big job to move the seaport and clean up the area for a new coaster.

The BEST place for a new coaster if I had to choose one would be Safari Seaport. I would relocate the kids stuff to the middle of the park along the lake, expanding the BBNP to fill the whole lake front area behind Yum Yum where the grandstand used to be, then build a great new coaster over where the kids area was, taking advantage of the wooded area and allowing for a BIG new coaster to draw people to that end of the park.

I was thinking that aswell, but it would take a lot, something SFGADV wouldn't do

I see Old Country/Chiller station because I could see a whole Gotham Conversion. I could also a new land go where Bizarro/old Wild Safari gate area which would involve a new coaster or two. I'd put more flats in Plaza Del Carnival/Golden Kingdom [i don't mind Movietown not having flats because of Lakefront, LTSP/Safari Kids, and Adventure Alley balancing it out in my opinion]. I don't think they'd add another coaster to Golden Kingdom/remove parking lot (they're completely ignoring the parking lot as is) and I don't think they would build on the opposite side of Congo Rapids; that has been backstage ever since the parks railway was removed if I'm not mistaken

All of these are pretty good ideas. I agree with GAcoaster in that I've been wanting one centralized children's location. That's also right by lost parents. I personally think that expanding out in the Rolling Thunder region would be good. While they're at it, fill in the gap with a path that can connect the traffic from Ka to Toro. Someone else said this on another forum, but doing this with added shops, food, etc. would be really nice. There's really a lot of ways they can go with this, and the only one I personally would not rather see is another parking lot expansion. It just isn't necessary. I'm even fine with the location of Total Mayhem, it makes a lot of sense.

We do have one, Wiggles World Safari Kids and LTSP, but BBNP is located at Plaza Del Carnaval, so it's possible that rides at BBNP can easily be moved to be part of the two other kids areas instead of have the large kids area by Nitro be place behind the Yum Yum Palace and next to Total Mayhem. Having two kids area be relocated to halfway across the park would just cause more work than only having one section be moved.

I would think more parents want multiple (good-sized) kids areas as opposed to one. Families that have both small children (kiddie area age) and older children (think too old for kiddie rides, but not quite ready to venture across the entire park alone) would want to be able to hang in one of the kids areas close to where their other children are riding. This way, the parents can be in BBNP with the little kids while the older kids roam Frontier Adventures.

According to what I've heard, parents prefer one large kids area with limited entrances and exits so they can keep an eye on the kids but still let them do things on their own and it also helps keep the teens out if there is limited access. That's why all the Cedar Fair parks have been re-doing their Planet Snoopy areas.

The two most likely places to me are in RT's old footprint (which makes an already big plot of land much bigger if you expand towards the old safari entrance), or in Old Country. I feel Old Country is the ideal location. It is a big plot of land that SF can squeeze almost any realistic coaster type into its footprint. That area of the park needs a new signature attraction, and Old Country needs that proper anchor to get the renovation necessary to reopen better than ever.

I think it goes both ways but I always liked the having multiple children areas. I used to take my daughter on the roller coasters while my wife would take my son on the kiddie rides and we were still close by each other.

Even Disney for the most part has several smaller rides with one large ride in the same area. Space Mountain, next to the Astro Flyers; Dinosaur next to bone yard... It was easier for us to go to one section of the park and ride a few rides together and then split up to ride different ones.

I do like the idea of having one big kiddie section but don't take away at least a few smaller rides next to the larger coasters.

I think that the best compromise would be to have a large central kids area with multiple themes and separate areas. The area back behind Seaport would be good for this kind of expansion, although speaking of coasters, that's a good spot for one as well. I'm very curious as to what direction they may take in the future.

all the kids rides in one place you say? ::cough cough:: Bugs Bunny land.

And yeah, definitely. When I was little, my parents would spend the majority of the day there and then travel over to the Seaport. Now kids have to go from the Seaport to BBNP, not to mention a lot of the families get lost trying to find Splashwater.

Old Country definitely, but I think they should make Zumanjaro's queue shorter and shove a ride in there where Rolling Thunder was. I saw that Next To Congo Rapids choice and considered it but with Nitro right there and Batman right next to Nitro, and Dark Knight right next to Batman, I figured a flat ride would be better.

If Six Flags still works with Premier rides, they should add a coaster similar to Full Throttle that breaks record for the world's tallest vertical loop (170 ft), but it should have an original layout. we have too many clones at SFGA. It can be in Old Country in the large land available. Another smaller but thrilling dual track coaster and a Verbolten/Th13teen like coaster can fit in Chiller or RT's spot. At this point, there are really no coasters to replace, so these can be added in empty spots, and by 2025, we could have 14 to 17 coasters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm gonna be lazy and steal an idea from Jazzland that will satisfy many people

gallery_1_bg.jpg

Get Premier Rides to build a Suspended Water Coaster above Congo Rapids. Theme it to Aquaman?

I don't know how to make pictures smaller, Moderator, If you can, Thanks.

Edited by Coaster Justin