VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: May 7th, 2016 - New Stuff!

Great Pictures

I really like that they added a Rolling Thunder car for photos. The new Harley Quinn Crazy Train sign and decals on the cars look great too.

Great photos. Love that there are always little improvements going on and glad to see joker themeing and everything else is on its way.

I agree Matt I want those shirts! I don't like overly done shirts but this one has the vintage look and has just enough on it that I this not overly done and I really like them.

What's with the reuse of the rainbow logo? First it was Deja Vu a few years ago. Then the Holiday in the Park ornaments. Now the Rolling Thunder train and those shirts!

Nostalgia is popular especially with guests that grew up going to the park. The park needs to conform to its corporate branding side but it Is a big plus that they like to show their unique individual side with the retro logos.

I agree Matt I want those shirts! I don't like overly done shirts but this one has the vintage look and has just enough on it that I this not overly done and I really like them.

Same for me. I'm decently picky about the theme park merch that I buy. They also have a lot of patriotic USA apparel, which I would never buy or wear. Must be a Texas thing. :P The rest is also just usually too corny, over done, or inappropriate. lol

Like that poster from the group said, Valravn honestly does have a lot of awesome well-designed merchandise!

Loving the new Shirt's with the Old Logo, and new Skyline. Said it from the start, Fitzgerald is a great "steward" of our Park's past, he understand's the appeal it has with us all, and he shares it as well. And all the "Batman" VIllian Themeing coming in the Joker's Que really plays well with this being the year of the "Villian". It does paint a pictire of where it most likely will go next year, it's almost overkill it's so obvious at this point.

What's with that Two-Face signage, is Great Adventure getting one of New England's boomarangs?

Yep, Flashback will relocate and become Two Face in 2017. SF America will get the new RMC TREX coaster, and Bizarro will be relocated to SF St. Louis. V2 from SFGam will then move to Flashback's old spot at SFNE and SFGam will get a new Superloop. It's new coasters for all in 2017.

FJkGL6b.jpg

Yep, Flashback will relocate and become Two Face in 2017. SF America will get the new RMC TREX coaster, and Bizarro will be relocated to SF St. Louis. V2 from SFGam will then move to Flashback's old spot at SFNE and SFGam will get a new Superloop. It's new coasters for all in 2017.

I think this is all speculation.

And i guess no one gets those darn Body Panel's that would of really looked good on "The Joker" that was in the press material. It really looked like we were going to get them, maybe after testing is over. It prob has the hrs. and runs it need's, or should real soon already.

Ended up getting both colors of the shirt today.

Anyone know what the 'spin fins' are on the lift for? Is it to prevent rocking or induce it? Batman at SFFT doesn't seem to rock much, if at all on the lift so I'm wondering why we would have them?

EDIT

After watching this video HERE You can see that the fins are on the lift for rocking purposes!

Edited by jdc12192