VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hershey Triple Tower Announced

Nativenyer

They were hinting it would be something not done before. While technically true I think it was a little misleading. S&S Towers are nothing new, although the 3 separate height towers are a new arrangement.

With Dominator at Dorney an hour away (and two other drops towers at SFGadv and Knoebels respectively close by), not sure why they went this route. It is a good addition for the park but I think they could have gone with something that might have set them apart (Falcon's Fury type comes to mind). My main question, with three towers at different heights and the individual height requirements all the same, who would choose to ride the smallest one? Definitely fills a void at the park and should be popular with families.

http://www.hersheypark.com/2017/

If the Hershey tower is a combo tower with both the Space Shot and Turbo Drop in 1 cycle that will be cool. I like the concept of 3 different heights since the park seems to target both families and thrill seekers.

I'm looking to maybe get Hershey Park season passes next year, what are everyones thoughts on the 230 buck season pass plus option that gets you in the rest of this year and next year? I'm like 2.5 hours away from there and really enjoyed it the last time I visited in 2014.

Edited by SatansHockey

I am an hour and 50 minutes away and paid $145 last year for a 2016 pass and so far have only gone to the park twice. I'll probably visit around 3 more times this season and think it's worth it because I really like the coaster collection. It's probably worth it if you think you will visit the park at least 6 times between now and the end of 2017, more than 6 times if you visit during Christmas Candylane since admission is only around $16 then compared to $63 during the summer season.

If the Hershey tower is a combo tower with both the Space Shot and Turbo Drop in 1 cycle that will be cool. I like the concept of 3 different heights since the park seems to target both families and thrill seekers.

I agree with this in concept, but I am afraid the reality may be the tallest will have the lines, and the smallest will get its riders from those not willing to wait. Maybe that is the plan, while also giving the smaller kids a chance to move their way up.

I have a pass for this year, and will probably visit around 5 times total and then maybe once or twice for Christmas. Definitely well worth it. It is an extra 90 dollars for the add on for this season, so if you can get there 2X before labor day its paid for itself. As the price drops after that, then 6 or more will be the number.

They still missed a great tie-in with these drop towers lol

5198RXL7UUL.jpg

I like the idea of towers of different heights but I'm not sure I really understand the point of the middle "Reeses" tower. Anyone who would be comfortable going on it would probably just go on the tallest one.

That image is almost as laughable as when Great adventure advertised Zumanjaro as being taller than a layer of clouds. Skyrush is 200 feet tall and the 80 foot tall tower is depicted as taller than Skyrush which defeats the purpose and appeal of the small tower.

That said its still advertising and it looks good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hersheypark is going to have ERT on Flying Falcon from 8 to 9 for passholders (along with Great Bear and Frog Hopper) to get their final rides in on September 5th. They also are going to have some of the skill games in the area free to play but with no prizes.