VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv.Debate #35: Which of the "4 Seasons of Thrills" do you like best?

Four Seasons of Thrills at Great Adventure  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite season at Great Adventure?

• [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_25108.jpg[/img] Spring (including Season Opener)
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_4428.jpg[/img] Summer (including Hurricane Harbor)
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_61261.jpg[/img] Fall (including Fright Fest)
    • [img]http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/uploads/gallery/category_35/gallery_2_35_20129.jpg[/img] Winter (including Holiday in the Park)

Winter, even without the whole park open there is nothing better than going to Great Adventure in November and December when it is the offseason for most of the US and being able to ride coasters and walk around the park and see all the lights and decorations.

• Like 1

I've only been to the park in the Spring and Summer and really don't have much of a preference, but I think I would prefer both fall and winter. I love going to parks during their Halloween event (both for Halloween themes and mazes and for the fall foliage and crisp weather/colorful trees) but I think winter might be more incredible. Id love to make it to holiday in the park sometime.

Spring, Fall [never gone but its established], Winter [it was new last year, didn't go but probably deserves more], Summer [its busy for the parks but I've been on a cold spring day, a nice late spring/early summer day, and a busy late summer day]; Spring and summer are pretty much the same because HH is not connected to the main park.

I choose spring since all the coasters are open and they generally have the shortest lines of the whole year. Second would be winter for HITP, I was really impressed with it when I went last year.

agreed !

If I had to rank them it would be Winter - Spring - Fall - Summer.

Winter is best because it combines two of my favorite things- Christmas + Great Adventure.

Spring is next because it's fun to see everything that has changed and the construction taking place.

Fall is next because of the cooler temps and autumn foliage.

Summer is last because usually its just too hot.

This is hard for me. It was always a battle between Spring and Fall, and now with HITP it makes the choice even harder.

I like the spring for weather and crowds, Fall for weather as well, and the feeling of FF, and HITP for the extended season and totally new look and feel of the park.

Chose Winter because HITP was a rousing success and it was nice to visit the park at a time when everything else in the area is closed. If I had to rank it would be:

Winter- for reasons mentioned above

Spring- first chance to ride

Summer- park is operating at 100%, new attractions open

Fall- hate Fright Fest, avoid park like the plague

I'd choose Spring as the best because of the short to minimal lines as well as being able to have a better visit on Saturday over Sunday. My least favorite is fall because the park becomes very crowded an not very enjoyable for Fright Fest. On top of that, the guests are more rowdy and could possibly start a fight just like at Six Flags America in 2014. i prefer winter over summer because of the change of atmosphere and season extension despite only half the park open.

• 2 months later...