VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dorney Park Announcement for 2017

29yrswithaGApass

I would like to see a coaster but I know that seems unlikely, same for a dark ride. I'm going to guess 2 flat rides or 1 flat ride and something new for Wildwater Kingdom. Probably a new show too since they announced this is the last year for All Wheels Extreme.

With the removal of All Wheel Sports which was held in the Good Time Theater, I think Dorney Park could either add a new show to replace it or add a dark ride similar to Mass Effect: New Earth or Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare inside the theater. I can also see a few flat rides be added too along with either addition.

Bumper cars were needed after Krazy Kars were removed in the 2009 - 2010 offseason for Demon Drop. It was strange for a few years how neither Great Adventure or Dorney had operating bumper cars since that is a ride almost every park seems to have.

• 3 months later...

2017 hours are posted.

https://www.dorneypark.com/hours-directions/wildwater-kingdom

I'm kind of disappointed that the park is closing at 6 on some weekdays at the end of May and beginning of June. I can't remember WWK's closing time the same as the ride side's closing time at least since I have been a season pass holder. One good change is WWK closing at 8 on Fridays in July instead of 7.

• 2 months later...

All Season Fast Lane Plus is available. It's $99.99 for the whole season compared to that price for just half a season last year. I'm probably going to get it again mainly for Wildwater Kingdom.

Cedar Fair parks are now offering unlimited soft drinks for $29.99 with paper cups instead of the souvenir cup. You can get 1 drink every 15 minutes. If Dorney had Freestyle machines I would have considered getting it.

All Season Fast Lane Plus is available. It's $99.99 for the whole season compared to that price for just half a season last year. I'm probably going to get it again mainly for Wildwater Kingdom.

Cedar Fair parks are now offering unlimited soft drinks for $29.99 with paper cups instead of the souvenir cup. You can get 1 drink every 15 minutes. If Dorney had Freestyle machines I would have considered getting it.

Even though I don't have passes for Dorney or any Cedar Fair park, is the Fast Lane and paper cup option available at all Cedar Fair parks for platinum members or only at the park they purchased it at?

All Season Fast Lane is just for the park it is purchased at. I'm not sure about the paper cups. The souvenir cups were valid across the chain.

I wish GA added a paper cup drink plan. It would be so much more convenient.

That would be great. I'd rather have the option for Great Adventure than Dorney.

Interesting it is only good at your home park. I would think they should be able to extend it system wide for the few people who would do it, even if it's for a small fee. With what they charge for the multi park pass, it should be included if you buy the season drink.

Does this season fast lane include the houses for Haunt? For the most part, Dorney doesn't get nearly as long lines as GADV does.

Nope.

Im considering getting one at kings Dominion so I can go on Saturdays and not worry about lines since that is their most crowded day usually. Then go to Busch Gardens on Sunday and head home that night.

Edited by SatansHockey

• 1 month later...

It's probably been at least 15 years since I last went to Dorney Park, when my kids were little. And the last trip was to the water park. Unfortunately the park was so crowded and filled with really rude people who only spoke Spanish. I felt like I was in a foreign country. I vowed never to return, at least to the water park,

• 3 weeks later...

Dining Pass Information has been released. Now the table service Chickie's & Pete's that is a table service restaurant is on the season dining pass. Even with that addition, Great Adventure has much more of a variety of food choices.

It's probably been at least 15 years since I last went to Dorney Park, when my kids were little. And the last trip was to the water park. Unfortunately the park was so crowded and filled with really rude people who only spoke Spanish. I felt like I was in a foreign country. I vowed never to return, at least to the water park,

HH gets that way too, only with much slower moving lines and more often. Most of the time Dorney's waterpark isn't like that. But it gets bad on Saturdays and in Aug which is the most crowded month for waterparks.