VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Stuck on Rides!

ReptileGuy

Anyone have some good stories about being stuck on rides? Monday night I was at the park and by luck got stuck twice in a row! First I was stuck on Bizarro with two trains in front of me. Not sure why the ride broke down, but it did, and it was fun getting stuck lol. Maintenance quickly fixed the ride and we were unloaded in the station. Immediately following that I got stuck on my next ride, King Da Ka, once again right after my ride finished. After getting off the ride I saw them do something interesting I haven't seen before. They actually launched a train from the station that is normally empty... then resumed operations with the normal station.

Anyway, share some great stories!!!!

Nothing much has happened to me at Great Adventure. I did get stuck on the brake run of Scream Machine for 30 minutes in 2008 or 2009. It wasn't too bad but did get boring just sitting there after a while. Last year I also got stuck on the brake run of El Toro for around 10 minutes.

I got evacuated from Thunder Creek Mountain at Dorney 9 years ago and had to walk down the lift hill. I also got evacuated from Pinocchio's Daring Journey at Disneyland in June. It was cool to see the show scenes with the lights on.

Last year or the year before I got stuck on the Dark Knight. We were just starting the zigzag section when we stopped and the lights came on. One of the operators came up to check on us and told us a park guest walked into the restricted area. We were stuck for around 25 minutes.

I haven't been stuck on any rides before but my mom and sisters have been stuck on the brake run of The Dark Knight Coaster once. On the same trip, the train after us on Nitro got stuck because of a camera.

I've been stuck a few times.

I was stuck on the top of Skyscreamer for about ten minutes a few days after it opened. Last year I got stuck on the top of the lift hill on El Toro for 5 or 10 minutes which was cool. Also this year I got stuck on the mid-course break run on Bizarro while I was front row for maybe 15 minutes. Then a few weeks ago Kingda Ka broke down when we were about to launch for a few minutes.

This year I have been stuck on joker (media day, train infront of the one that caused the break down) and had to get off the ride. Also recently on the break run on ka and eventually got into the station and unloaded.

A few years ago on toro we stopped on the lift for a little. It was kinda scary at the time Bc when it stops it doesn't stop in place, it rolls back a little until it finally locks and feels like you're rolling down.

The only time so far that I've been stuck on a ride was way back in 2000,on Two-Face during Fright Fest.Basically the train went forward and then reverse,but coming into the station the train started to go back into the cobra roll before the brakes caught it.I was in the third row(second row facing forward)and I was facing upwards at like a 30/40 degree angle for about 10 minutes before the crew was able to roll the train back into the station.

Wow, lots of good stories. Despite decades of visits to GAdv and other parks, I've never been stuck on a ride for longer than what I think was a stop to prevent a block breach on Rolling Thunder, which if I remember correctly was a somewhat common occurrence back then. We were stopped near the top of the lift hill for maybe 30 seconds and then went on with the ride.

I've gotten stuck on the lifts of both Green Lantern and Bizarro, but I think it was the ops stopping the ride to make people put their phones away.

The only time I had to evacuate a ride was when I was at Magic Mountain. I was on Apocalypse and the train valleyed. We were stuck for about 25 minutes.

This year I have been stuck on joker (media day, train infront of the one that caused the break down) and had to get off the ride. Also recently on the break run on ka and eventually got into the station and unloaded.

A few years ago on toro we stopped on the lift for a little. It was kinda scary at the time Bc when it stops it doesn't stop in place, it rolls back a little until it finally locks and feels like you're rolling down.

The same thing happened to me when I got stuck on El Toro. I was in the back row so it was pretty scary. It rolled back maybe a foot and then went up again.

I forgot, I was stuck on Joker in June because someone was actually stuck in his Joker harness. I was the last train waiting to get into the station while they worked to unlock him. I sat there for about 20 minutes

Atleast the seats on joker are pretty comfortable!

I've gotten stuck a few different times.

I got stuck on the brake run on Superman for about 20 minutes, not fun being stuck in the laying down position for so long.They had to come out and unlock the train manually and then gave us a skip the line pass.

Another time I got stuck on the brake run of Nitro for about 25-30 minutes until eventually they came and unlocked each car for us to get out.

And the third and final time was when I got stuck on the lift of El Toro, only for about a minute or two.

I've gotten stuck on Nitro's break run for about 45 minutes. We climbed down. And, that was during Holiday in the park. And recently, I got stuck on Batman: The Dark Knight at Six Flags New England for about 5 minutes. We had to climb down. Yeah, I've had pretty bad luck ^_^

I think the govt need to put regulations in place for when you get stuck on a ride. kinda like airlines being fined for deplays and being stuck on a airplane too long. if your stuck for over (x), you get your money back or something. the govt need to fine this parks

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing much has happened to me at Great Adventure. I did get stuck on the brake run of Scream Machine for 30 minutes in 2008 or 2009. It wasn't too bad but did get boring just sitting there after a while. Last year I also got stuck on the brake run of El Toro for around 10 minutes.

I got evacuated from Thunder Creek Mountain at Dorney 9 years ago and had to walk down the lift hill. I also got evacuated from Pinocchio's Daring Journey at Disneyland in June. It was cool to see the show scenes with the lights on.

I also got stuck on the brake run of Scream Machine...but it was around 1999 :-)

In addition to getting stuck on the brake run of Scream Machine...in the late 90's (possibly 96 or 97) we got stuck twice on the same day on Rolling Thunder on the lift hill.

In addition to getting stuck on the brake run of Scream Machine...in the late 90's (possibly 96 or 97) we got stuck twice on the same day on Rolling Thunder on the lift hill.

I'm surprised that we haven't had more "I got stuck on the lift hill of Rolling Thunder" stories. It seems like in the 80's and 90's I would see Rolling Thunder with a train stopped on the lift once a visit. I'm sure that has to be an exaggeration my mind but it feels real. :-)

Ive been stuck on the lift hill of rolling thunder. Had to walk down the hill after they manually came and opened the buzz bars to let us walk down the hill. Was a little nerve wracking! Also got stuck on the skid brakes once coming back into the station. Had to walk along the planks -which were very bowed and bouncy i remember- to get back to the station. That was all in the 90s :) recently got stuck on superman coming back into the station in the flying position for about 20 mins. That was less than comfortable.