VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 1 - Continue to Extend the Park Season

I don't see it happening as the park seems to be cutting back on decorating for holidays, especially Halloween. Plus Easter is too Christian focused of a holiday, a liberal leaning company like SF would want a more generic holiday to attract more guests. Especially around that time of the year when they cater to large Jewish groups which they would not want to offend.

How about longer hours internally?

Open til' Midnight or 2am on New Years Eve

Waterpark open til' 7-8pm

11pm Closings on Saturdays

Stuff like that.

I like this idea, I went to Cedar Point's Halloween event this past year and they were open til midnight on Saturdays. I also think having a big new year's celebration at the park would be cool too.

As for an Easter event in the spring, this Jewish guy would have no problems with it.

• Like 3

The decorations being offered are very much "spring" things like flowers along with jellybeans, chocolate bunnies and Easter eggs. It's just like HitP, yes, it's Christmas but it's kind of a general feeling of the season and not necessarily the religious celebration.

Having been to both Busch Gardens parks Christmas Town and SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration which are both VERY specifically CHRISTMAS events with shows telling the Christmas Story and everything, I have to say that many non-Christian and even non-religious people go and still enjoy it. I don't think it would bother too many people even if it was specifically an Easter event.

The could also go with Mardi Gras like SFM and SFFT are doing.

I'd like to see the park consistently open at the beginning of Spring each year. It's nice when Easter is early like this year but when it isn't until mid April and the season starts 3 weeks later, I hate having to wait longer to start riding coasters again. Seeing the park decorated for Easter for a few weeks would be cool rather than just the few things that are done now like the Easter Egg Hunt on Easter weekend.

• Like 1

I don't see it happening as the park seems to be cutting back on decorating for holidays, especially Halloween. Plus Easter is too Christian focused of a holiday, a liberal leaning company like SF would want a more generic holiday to attract more guests. Especially around that time of the year when they cater to large Jewish groups which they would not want to offend.

Good point, Fun Fact: Six Flags Mexico celebrates CHRISTMAS in the Park. How about Mardi Gras for an event? An Adult Mardi Gras Event: Nobody under 18 allowed if you know what I mean.

Mardi Gras time would be way too cold and nasty up here. I remember going to Astroworld in early March where it was sunny and in the 70s, then flying back home to a snowstorm, 2 feet of snow on the ground, and temps in the low 30s. From Jan to middle of Mar is usually very crummy weather here.

The weather is always a big question mark for early and late season, but I agree that that just making the opening week the same each year would make the most sense. With Easter week changing the fluctuation in opening weekend is huge, so just saying each year it's the first week of spring (which is always March 21st) would make more sense.

• Like 1

How about longer hours internally?

Open til' Midnight or 2am on New Years Eve

Waterpark open til' 7-8pm

11pm Closings on Saturdays

Stuff like that.

And as a SFGAm Local, You guys are open way later than we are.

bingo. sfgadv need to go back to midnight closings in summer. and add more hrs in the waterpark

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe they could make New Year's Eve a special-ticket event:everyone including season pass holders would have to get tickets in advance.The upcharge for the New Year's event could be anywhere from $5 on up depending on rides and entertainment available.The park itself wouldn't open until like 5 PM and of course there would be a massive fireworks display at midnight.Great Adv. could also try to get special headliner musical acts to perform in the arena as a "one night only" type thing-such as Bon Jovi &Def Leppard,Mariah Carey & Janet Jackson etc. .