VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 6 - Add More Capacity to Hurricane Harbor

How about something like Thunder Rapids at Fiesta Texas or a Bowl Slide?

And a 2nd Wave Pool/Lagoon Pool/Swim Up Bar would also probably help

Finally (Based on the 2016 Park Map)

How about a path from Big Bamboo/Reef Runner to Big Wave Racers

And a Path from Caribbean Cove to the Entrance

• Like 1

^They don't let you walk from Reef Runner to Big Wave Racer because I assume they want people to go to the food and shop section of the park.

Now, my answer is make the lazy river more efficient. When I went in for the first time (2008) I was shocked with how bad the lazy river was handled. The idea how it has 3 exits is great, but the staff don't handle it well. In July of 2015 I saw a boy diving off one of the cliffs. The lifeguard was on her phone when a kid could have gotten hurt. It's not only the lazy river, but also the whole park.

^They don't let you walk from Reef Runner to Big Wave Racer because I assume they want people to go to the food and shop section of the park.

Now, my answer is make the lazy river more efficient. When I went in for the first time (2008) I was shocked with how bad the lazy river was handled. The idea how it has 3 exits is great, but the staff don't handle it well. In July of 2015 I saw a boy diving off one of the cliffs. The lifeguard was on her phone when a kid could have gotten hurt. It's not only the lazy river, but also the whole park.

Then add a snack stand that serves pretzels, ice cream, and beer. Problem solved.

There are several things they can do. One would be installing indicator lights to speed up dispatches. Second would be to do away with HH Flashpass as it creates obscene inefficiencies for standby lines. Third would be to hire more lifeguards to handle the crowds since some towers only have one guard when each side on a tower should have one. Lastly on the family raft and toboggan slides have more than just 3 rafts in service. Hell, Splashzone in Wildwood which is just a little water park has 6 family rafts in service, WWK has 12.

HH has the worst lazy river i have ever been in. everyone in river should be in a tube. there should be a que for the entrance, and 1 exit area. these entrances and exits all over the place and having not enough tubes is a total disgrace. with the amount of guests they get, they need to add a 2nd wavepool, and add way more slides. the place is awful. also, hh should not be a free upgrade on your pass . you should have to pay for the upgrade on your pass. all slides should have green lights on when to go. the efficiency is terrible.

HH has the worst lazy river i have ever been in. everyone in river should be in a tube. there should be a que for the entrance, and 1 exit area. these entrances and exits all over the place and having not enough tubes is a total disgrace. with the amount of guests they get, they need to add a 2nd wavepool, and add way more slides. the place is awful. also, hh should not be a free upgrade on your pass . you should have to pay for the upgrade on your pass. all slides should have green lights on when to go. the efficiency is terrible.

This is one of the reasons why I didn't go to Hurricane Harbor New Jersey this year. The last time I went in 2015, I stayed briefly and didn't do much because it was crowded and operations were atrocious. They definitely need a second (slightly smaller) wave pool and a new slide complex.

Because of the said problems, this caused me to buy a membership to Sahara Sam's for the off-season instead. Their operations are pretty decent and usually isn't very crowded. There is a lot of empty tubes in their lazy river. They also have lights to tell lifeguards when to send riders on slides.

This is one of the reasons why I didn't go to Hurricane Harbor New Jersey this year. The last time I went in 2015, I stayed briefly and didn't do much because it was crowded and operations were atrocious. They definitely need a second (slightly smaller) wave pool and a new slide complex.

Because of the said problems, this caused me to buy a membership to Sahara Sam's for the off-season instead. Their operations are pretty decent and usually isn't very crowded. There is a lot of empty tubes in their lazy river. They also have lights to tell lifeguards when to send riders on slides.

How about we solve both problems and add something like Hubba Hubba Highway at Busch Gardens. (A Fast moving lazy river where you wear a life-vest instead of a tube)

• 1 month later...

The flashpass at HH is a joke, my and my friend got so mad because it was basically only a flash pass for waiting for a tube and not the actual line to get on the slides. (at least when they first introduced it) It makes it more of a hassle then a convenience. Not sure if they modified it since then or not but I feel that the entire waterpark needs to be managed better and I really hate to say it because I don't mean to bash the management I love this park. I wish they would stop being cheap on the tubes and got people down the slides a little quicker but safely of course. The new play ground was a great addition for a start. I would love to see a huge proslide complex with a Behemoth bowl and few other styled slides from the company that made the Tornado as well as drop boxes body slides. Sucks King Cobra didn't succeed as planned but thats partially not their fault. It has the potential to be something like Water Country in Williamsburg Va.

Oh and @coasterJustin I so agree with you on a swim- up bar! That would be a gold mine for them. A nice little adult cove would be awesome for the 21+ crowd, Maybe even a Hot tub thats not burning hot. Would be so nice to have a Pina Colada in the pool. Oh how I could use a vacation LOL!