VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: April 1st, 2017 - Opening Day Justice League Tour & More

29yrswithaGApass

I'm glad the Plymouth Rock Assurance sponsor is removed on the Northen Star Arena. It didn't look good having the arena have a sponsor take over and take away the western theme.

Great photos. It's crazy to me how some stuff in the ride is being hand painted and didn't already come painted and ready to put together.

true, well Six Flags is known for being cheap; just not THAT cheap

Yes! The photo is of the area near the picnic grove and buses. That whole side.

That's great. In my opinion that has been the worst area. I might enjoy walking over the new pavement more then the park itself. OK that's a stretch but that's fantastic news.

I'm glad they repaved the lot near the picnic groves. Usually I park in that lot about halfway between the preferred parking and the exit road and that lot was in the worst condition.

I was at the park opening day April 1st and the park was dead. Every ride was open except for The Joker, Zumanjaro, and The Swashbuckler. Here is the order and amount of times I rode each

Six Flags Great Adventure 2017 Trip 1:

Kingda Ka 2x, El Toro 3x, Bizarro 1x, Runaway Train 1x, Sky Screamer 1x, Fender Benders 1x, Batman The Ride 1x, The Dark Knight Coaster 2x, Nitro 5x, Skull Mountain 1x, Superman Ultimate Flight 1x

Me: 19 rides

I also got a lot of footage from the park, here is the video link:

We went over to El Toro where it was testing with the water dummies still in it, but than I saw Kingda Ka launch, and we bolted over there when a few minutes later, it opened before El Toro. We rode Ka 2 times in a row both in the 2nd row and it was awesome!! Then we went to El Toro and rode 2 times in the middle somewhere and once in the back. After that we did Bizarro front row and went to Macho Nacho to eat. I forgot to mention that all the rides just had a station wait. My dad and I both had a taco salad then rode Runaway Train in the back once. After that we hit up the Skyscreamer once and the Fender Benders once, again having no wait. Then we went on The Dark Knight twice. After I took a video of the Gotham City Gift Shop which I thought looked very cool. We then rode Batman once in the 3rd row then headed over to Nitro. Nitro had 0 wait and I rode 5 times in all different rows bit my dad only rode once. On my 5th ride, this guy live streamed the whole ride on Instagram, and when we hit the breaks, a penny came flying at my head and hit me hard to then roll along the catwalk and fell. We then hit Skull Mountain once and walked a long way to Superman. When I got to Superman, it was closed, but a minute later, it opened back up and I rode once in the back all alone. After that, we went to the Garden State Grill and had burgers. Before we left, we bought a poop emoji hat, a Rita's Italian Ice, and a pack of Cotton Candy. Overall, the trip was great and the only rides that were closed were The Joker, Swashbuckler, and Zumanjaro was on and off.

Edited by GAfanboy13

Great report Harry.

But where is the new Season Pass Processing located?

Processing takes place at the gate..If there are issues, or other things that need to be done on the pass, its now right outside the exit gate in the building by the bathrooms. That building is now strictly a pass center.

Processing takes place at the gate..If there are issues, or other things that need to be done on the pass, its now right outside the exit gate in the building by the bathrooms. That building is now strictly a pass center.

Is upgrading daily admission to a pass still offered?

Is upgrading daily admission to a pass still offered?

I haven't been there this yet this year but I cant think of a time that I was at the park and didn't see signs and hear announcements offering this upgrade.