VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Needs Flat Rides

What rides would you like to see back in park?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. (Check all that apply)

• enterprise
    • looping starship
    • swiss bob
    • monster spin
    • rotor
    • tilt a whirl
    • el sombrero
    • scrambler
    • other (tells us)

• 7 months later...

I really do wished that Great Adventure would bring back most of the Original flat rides they used to have over the years such as

1. Calypso

2. Enterprise

3. Condor

4. Evolution

5. Flying Wave

6. Pretty Monster

7. Tilt a While

8. Scrambler

9. Free Fall

10. Swiss Bob

11. Houdini's Great Escape

12. Looping Star Ship

13. Rotor (hell hole)

14. Schwabinchen

15. Haunted Mansion

And get rid of Parachutes Perch that ride is eithier not working or always down stop building water park rides keep them seperate from the park make just a water park seperate from the main park. I truely would love to see more flat rides honestly they were the great ones open up area's that have been closed down for several years! Well i mean i can ask for things but they will never come back its ashame that the park dont have more flat rides! I mean everyone loves roller coasters and i am one of them roller coaster lovers but come bring back the fun that used to be in the park thanks for reading this people and who knows maybe some day the park will listen and bring back the original fun that the park had :clap:

The parachutes are open most of the time I go to GAdv which is quite often. They do usually only run one set of parachutes which can cause long lines for it which sucks. But I still like it and I hope it stays for many more years, GAdv would not look like GAdv without the parachute tower since it is a park icon.

• 5 months later...
I really do wished that Great Adventure would bring back most of the Original flat rides they used to have over the years such as

1. Calypso

2. Enterprise

3. Condor

4. Evolution

5. Flying Wave

6. Pretty Monster

7. Tilt a While

8. Scrambler

9. Free Fall

10. Swiss Bob

11. Houdini's Great Escape

12. Looping Star Ship

13. Rotor (hell hole)

14. Schwabinchen

15. Haunted Mansion

And get rid of Parachutes Perch that ride is eithier not working or always down stop building water park rides keep them seperate from the park make just a water park seperate from the main park. I truely would love to see more flat rides honestly they were the great ones open up area's that have been closed down for several years! Well i mean i can ask for things but they will never come back its ashame that the park dont have more flat rides! I mean everyone loves roller coasters and i am one of them roller coaster lovers but come bring back the fun that used to be in the park thanks for reading this people and who knows maybe some day the park will listen and bring back the original fun that the park had :clap:

waterpark? there is a seperate waterpark its hurricane harbor we only have 2 water rides congo rapids and saw mill log flume

waterpark? there is a seperate waterpark its hurricane harbor we only have 2 water rides congo rapids and saw mill log flume

He's the same guy from the park's facebook page I'm assuming.He has it in his head that the park is adding nothing but "water park rides" even though the last water ride added was Movie Town Water Effect,in 1987... :52:

He's the same guy from the park's facebook page I'm assuming.He has it in his head that the park is adding nothing but "water park rides" even though the last water ride added was Movie Town Water Effect,in 1987... :52:

And we lost Water Effect and the flume with a million names (just go ahead and pick one of them lol) too. :52: indeed.

Yeah if anything the park is lacking in water rides. A water coaster from Mack or a Splash Battle would be great. I know the Splash Battle at Great America isn't that popular but I think it would do better in our park.

How about building one of those big splash down rides like Holiday World has?

^^Low capacity and short ride time. It's better for a small park like Holiday World. We need a Escape from atlantis Water Coaster like the one at SeaWorld San Antonio thats pretty much a lift, a drop, another lift, and a flume drop. That would be popular AND unique!

^^Low capacity and short ride time. It's better for a small park like Holiday World. We need a Escape from atlantis Water Coaster like the one at SeaWorld San Antonio thats pretty much a lift, a drop, another lift, and a flume drop. That would be popular AND unique!

That would be nice to have at GADV.

And get rid of Parachutes Perch that ride is eithier not working

Parachutes are only closed when they are not safe to be open such as wind or storms.

I miss all of those rides too, although most of the rides listed are not orignal rides like the topic name says.

• 3 months later...
I am just curious to see if Six Flags Great Adventure will be getting any New Flat Rides for the 2011 Season?? Its a shame when you take out the great ol flat rides!!! Like Enterprise, Scrambler, Looping Star Ship, Musik Express, Tilt a Whirl, Pretty Monster Etc. Before you know it the entire park will be nothing but Roller Coasters and Water Slides... :huh: It weould be really nice to come to the park next season and see some old familiar flat rides...

What SFGAdv is make some MAJOR repairs to some flats such as Jumpin' Jack Flash and Time Warp. They can put them in some different sites rather than their original sites. They can also add some rides relocated from other parks. It may save them some valubale money for a bigger expansion rather than rides in different spots.

Bring back Pendulum. Also, does anyone know waht they do with the flats when they remove them? I know the older ones they usually scrap, but all the 1999 flats that were gone within 5 years were in pretty good shape. Did they scrap them too or sell them off?

They can't bring back Pendulum because it now operates as Revolution at Six Flags Great America. To answer your question abot what they do with the flats. They might send them to other parks, or they go to the boneyard adjacent with Nitro's lift, drop, and 2nd hill.

After Shoot The Rapids, I agree.

I rode Shoot the Rapids this year, and I've gotta say that I was rather disappointed. The line was outrageously long, and the ride really fell flat in my opinion. This comes from a big flume and water ride enthusiast. Skull Mountain at Six Flags America was similar to Shoot the Rapids, but it had a much better execution.