VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Needs Flat Rides

What rides would you like to see back in park?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. (Check all that apply)

• enterprise
    • looping starship
    • swiss bob
    • monster spin
    • rotor
    • tilt a whirl
    • el sombrero
    • scrambler
    • other (tells us)

... but being suspended in the air at that height in just what's basically a 2 person bench is something I'm hesitant to try.

I find SkyScreamer to be the scariest ride in the park. It's not because it spins or even because it goes up high. It is just the thought when you are 200+ feet up and look at those tiny little chains thinking they are the only thing holding you up and how easy it would be to become a projectile flying into the Big Wheel!

Honestly I don't find SkyScreamer that scary I just think it gives a cool open flight feeling being so high above everything in a swing ride chair. Now Zumanjaro will be another story; big drop towers always make me nervous!

Have to agree, i thought it was going to be much scarier then it really is but like 29yrs said it does get a little scary when you look up and realize you are being held in by two little chains.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they need to put some new flat rides in Old Country and what used to be Balin's Jungleland... a classic swing ride would be very nice, and I would also like to see a new enterprise and Musik Express. Maybe even something similar to the Schwabinchen if they are still manufactured! :idee:

• 3 weeks later...

That would be cool! I would like to see enterprise back, since it was at the park for many years, looping star ship because we need a ride that just lets you hang up side down, tilt a whirl because kids LOVE that ride, and lastly monster spin because it's a great little flat for everyone to enjoy!

• 1 month later...

When I was at the other day, I started getting random ideas on how to improve dead areas of the park and add new flats and attractions.

1) Morph and Revitalize Old Country and Movietown- Re-Open Old country and have it begin to blend in with movie Town as you go through it. In Spin Meister's Old Spot, add a beer stand and some tables, creating a mini beer garden, and keeping the area confines, as Six Flags tends to have all establishments that serve alcohol be confined and well defined by area. Re open autobahn and refurbish(or entirely replace, I'm not sure of the extent of damage) Musik Express. Now, in the area that used to be chiller's domain(both the ride area and surrounding area, such as the snack stand and gift shop) will be where the areas begin to "morph". In chiller's old pad, put a family type motocoaster, add fly throughs such as on bizzaro, and theme it to the movies. On the other side, add the "London Taxi Cab" huss breakdance ride from Freestlye Musik/Hard Rock Park to begin to blend the areas between Europe and Entertainment. With this area being used, the other 3 sides of the Dark Knights building cant be left blank and will need to be painted.

2)Replace the Simulator Building with flats-The simulator building is the worst eyespore in the park so I say knock it down and replace it with boardwalk themed flat rides, leaning toward the more thrilling variety. Add a chance unicaoster named "whirlpool", and 2 or 3 more spinning rides to fill up the space and revitalize the area.

3)Add 2 flats to the golden kingdom-golden kingdom is beginning to become a dead area of the park, aside from Kingda ka and Zumanjaro, so add two family flats, themed after former Balin's Jungleland rides. the first to a full size family swing ride called "Monkey Around" and then a family spinning ride called "Raja's Ricksaws"

I like these ideas, the only thing is that having Fender Benders sort of defeats the point of Autobahn, since they're exactly the same ride. Other than that I like this plan a lot, it really fills out the park and adds a lot of variety!

• 4 weeks later...

Lauren Welcome. Yes the rides you mentioned are stll being made. The Enterprise is no longer avilable from Huss. But they will refurbish one and update all the rides systems. So there no reason the park cant relocate or purchase one and have it redone..Good idea.

Edited by FlumeOp1974

• 3 weeks later...

I've been saying for many years now, that good ol' flat rides are what's needed.... I would take the entire "New Rides" area (from the old Enterprise all the way back to the former Free Fall site) and turn it into a "Fairgrounds" theme and have all the fun, cheesy family rides that people enjoy... with all the light kits and music that these rides can be equipped with... Take a look at http://www.flatrides.com for ideas...

I'd definitely have the Enterprise, Monster Spin, Flying Swings, Musik Express, Alpine Bobs, Hexentanz (Witche's Dance), Tilt-A-Whirl, etc. The sad fact, is Great Adventure never kept up with the maintenance of the original artwork and lighting kits of the flat rides - and they became very unattractive and boring. Half of the appeal is the lighting kits and the colorful artwork that is available for the rides. Another flume-style ride would be a welcome addition too!

Just sayin'... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I would LOVE to see a freestyle added to our park, it looks awesome! The park could desperately use mild thrill rides like a wave swinger, flying scooters, a zamperla disko, something like meteor at Dorney, and etc. I could go on for days. I honestly don't see twister lasting much longer especially since they removed the one at SFNE.

• 1 year later...

GA used to have the best set of flat rides back in its heyday. They were located all throughout the park. I saw a picture somebody on here recently took from atop the Giant Wheel and there wasn't anything down there. I can think back to all of those awesome flat rides that were once there. The lines were almost always jammed to get on the Enterprise, Roundup, Rotor, Music Express, Swiss Bobsled, Calypso, Traffic Jam and others.

• 3 weeks later...

Enterprise-This would be better in Plaza del Carnival and be called Los Sombrero voladores (the flying hats)

Tilt-a-whirl- in Musik Express area called Harley Quinn spincanity

Pendulum-a Modial revolution or Huss Frisbee in Autobahn/Pendulum area call Two-Face: the flip side

The tilt-a-whirl and Revolution/Frisbee would go in as part of Movie Town/Gotham City area even though these rides are in the old country area but there is very little germen theming left there, just Autobahn and maybe 1 building but that's something that can be removed quickly like the Chiller station pieces and other movie town theming.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...