VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Needs Flat Rides

What rides would you like to see back in park?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. (Check all that apply)

• enterprise
    • looping starship
    • swiss bob
    • monster spin
    • rotor
    • tilt a whirl
    • el sombrero
    • scrambler
    • other (tells us)

We need rides other than coasters too. we need rides like Enterprise and Swiss Bob to be reintroduced to park. Why spend millions on one coaster when we an get several flats for same price and bring back up the ride count.

GAdv has had a long history of installing then removing flats. Like Condor and the 1999 War on Lines flat rides. Back in the early 2000s when the park was building new coasters like mad they were shipping flats off to other SF parks, I guess they thought a new big coaster makes up for shipping out 5 flats every other year and I guess they still think that way. Also many of the older flats probably were not well maintained during GAdv's coaster building craze from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s. Heck they could move the Bumper cars to a new spot in the park so they could be running.

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

Flats are the way to go now in the park. While I am sure there are plans for new coasters in the works somewhere, I think the park recognizes the need for moderation in their construction at this point as The Dark Knight is not on the same scale as our last two in El Toro and Kingda Ka. Flats will make their way back in I am sure now it's just a matter of whether we are going to get another "War on Lines" typse experiment or a moderate addition in some years.

I rode the scrambler at Hershey on Sunday. It runs slower than Centrifuge but the hand slapping was fun. Starship America (Roto Jet), Howler (Tornado), Flying Falcon (Condor) and Frontier Flyers are a blast!

I voted for:

Scrambler

Monster Spin

Tilt-a-Whirl

Enterprise

Others:

Wave Swinger

Jump

Jump is an awesome ride. I remember always waiting two to four cycles in line. I think it was getting longer lines than Chiller in the last few years. I don't think this park would ever give Jump another shot but it would be a one-of-a-kind in the USA ride.

I think GA and SF should put a 5axis cnc lathe and a water jet cutter and higher a couple of machinists to fabricate parts for the rides. the raw materals are way cheaper and a in house machine shop wuld be ideal. even if the put one on east coast for the east parks one on west for west parks and one in iddle of usa for mid america parks it would keep there cost down to repair rides. all they would have to do is skip installing a big coaster in a park one year to pay for the machines and we could s rides like enterprise and jjf make it back nto the parks. does anyone else think this is a goood idea?

The way you described it would probably make things easier on the company, but I think we would be a few years away from that right now as it seems the chain is still focussing on getting what they currently have running steadily and well in the parks and adding a few things here and there to supplement like the 7 new major attractions they have opening this year around the country. My guess is that right now the chain would rather some newer and more effiecient rides come in that ones they would need a machine shop for to keep costs down.

The union rules and amusment park ride regulations have nothing to do with it. Its all the same if you go off site . the people who machine stuff make what you give them. There really is no reason not to do it except that SF must right off attractions for tax reasons or something.

I think we have better odds really of something new coming to the park than a classic being brought back for the time being. With the park wanting their rides up and running constantly they are going to go with something more recent that is reliable than rides they have recently removed for not being ost effective to run and maintain.

• 1 month later...
What can we do to get some of our flats back into the park? We need rides other than coasters too. we need rides like Enterprise and Swiss Bob to be reintroduced to park. Why spend millions on one coaster when we an get several flats for same price and bring back up the ride count.

Hi i am new 2 this site but a huge fan of great adventure. I'm not 2 big on the flats but i agree. the whole section where they used to b is pretty much vacant. this area (around where free fall used 2 B) would make a good location 4 these rides. once u've been on all the coasters in 1 day, what else really is there 2 do?

Bring back Pendulum. Also, does anyone know waht they do with the flats when they remove them? I know the older ones they usually scrap, but all the 1999 flats that were gone within 5 years were in pretty good shape. Did they scrap them too or sell them off?

Actually, a LOT of the "War on Lines" flats had mechanical problems (Evolution, Time Warp, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Spinnaker). Others (Pendulum, Pirate's Flight) just were moved by Six Flags corporate to other parks. They became desperate with the tanking economy and giant debt load, so they tried to make things better by just moving around things they already had.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see a Tilt-A-Whirl, Scrambler and a Flying Swing ride added.

The park does need more of the flat rides. And they have plenty of spaces available to put them.

Also I'd love to see an updated version of Freefall. And maybe bring back the Rodeo Stampede. That could go where the Super Tepee once stood.

One last ride I'd like to see come home is Condor. I miss that ride. It was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great idea about Rodeo Stampede. Do you know what they have where the tee pee used to be? A sweet corn stall.. but the Rodeo Stampede would be perfect there. That is a good ride for all ages in a nice revival for an old area of the park.

• 9 months later...

all the good new rides were junk shame to say cool but junk

i blame the ride builder ( chance, intamin, huss ect) why buy a new ride and when its new the company should make the rides good

even though its cheap to buy a new enterprise or scrambler why dont they the lines are silly

the ones left are junk whats left carousel music express round up sky ride big wheel and a few water rides oh the teacups sorry

they need to fix this

the eruption and orbitor and other cool rides there are many