VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2017

29yrswithaGApass

prob not enough and the people who do are most likely doing it as a "getting your foot in the door" type deal hopeing to lead to bigger and better acting roles

Or just because it might be fun and they get a couple of bucks to boot.

So getting back to this two event in one day plan. How would get all those people that didn't pay for the night event to leave? Do people pay for both day and night at the same time at the begging of the day? Do the people that paid of the night half stay in the park? How are the people that stay for both day and night regulated, wristband?

From my understanding, (based on how I've heard Universal does it) everyone would be kicked out of the park starting at 4 or 5pm, and then an hour later they'd start letting guests back in with night tickets.

From my understanding, (based on how I've heard Universal does it) everyone would be kicked out of the park starting at 4 or 5pm, and then an hour later they'd start letting guests back in with night tickets.

Not everyone, HHN ticket holders who are already in the park can enter into layover holding pens so they do not have to leave and reenter the park, which puts you ahead of the crowd. It used to be little known and enjoy dinner while you wait, but the layovers are now widely known and get so crowded there is no way to get food service in time before HNN starts.

I was at the park today and saw a sign that said the park was pre selling fright fest maze passes. It also said that there will be two new mazes this year with a total of 7! I remember there being 7 last year so will two of them just be completely different?

I was at the park today and saw a sign that said the park was pre selling fright fest maze passes. It also said that there will be two new mazes this year with a total of 7! I remember there being 7 last year so will two of them just be completely different?

Let's hope they're done by the people who do the clown one. The story doesn't make much sense, but it looks great! :P

• 1 month later...

Here is the new 2017 Fright Fest guide to plan your Trick or Treating at GA!

large.4x9-2017-FF-PMEG-8-1_copy.jpg.5311

large.4x9-2017-FF-PMEG-8-2_copy.jpg.b9ce

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces

Six New Fright Fest Attractions for 2017

Park Unleashes Biggest Fright Fest in History

JACKSON, N.J. — September 11, 2017  Six Flags Great Adventure is set to unleash the biggest and scariest Fright Fest in history this fall. The Northeast’s Largest Halloween party, which runs weekends and select days September 16 through October 31, features more than 25 Halloween-themed shows and attractions. Families can enjoy Thrills By Day with all of their favorite rides and family-friendly entertainment, and experience Fright By Night with terrifying mazes, scare zones, spooktacular shows and thrilling rides after dark.

In 2017, Six Flags unveils two newly-themed haunted mazes, three new shows and a new scare zone so every step is filled with fright.

New this season:

·         Lady of the Lake Cemetery – Great Adventure’s folklore inspired the newest scare zone, which will surely bring a chill to every guest. Guinevere, a drowned bride cursed by the Jersey Devil, has haunted Jackson’s Great Lake for more than a hundred years. Guests can try to spot her spirit in the flowing, white dress as they walk through the mist and monster-filled graveyard. 

·         Aftermath – A post-apocalyptic world becomes a reality as guests try to survive this twisting haunted maze crawling with barbaric, mutant scavengers. This raw experience of a global catastrophe makes nightmares come true. Extra fee required to participate.

·         Wicked Woods – Fables and folklore from the dark and haunted forests aren’t just for story time anymore. Evil creatures come to life under the creaky and gnarled branches as guests try to escape the night shadows. Extra fee required to participate.

·         Unleashed – Guests will be spellbound by this new theatrical production featuring incredible acrobatics, dance, music and feats of magic premiering in Showcase Theatre.

·         Corvyx – Alternative electronic pop artist Corvyx is taking YouTube by storm through a combination of haunting covers, visually stunning videos and original music. Armed with a wicked style and powerhouse voice, Corvyx will rock Fright Fest during his residency near the new Wicked Brew bar on Friday and Saturday nights.

·         Ignite – A hypnotizing and dazzling display of fire spinning and illusion will have guests glued to the pavement watching every heart-stopping trick. This performance, located next to the Bumper Cars in Adventure Alley, will really see if guests can take the heat.

In addition to the new frights, classic family favorites return by popular demand:

·         Trick-or-Treat Trail

·         The Skeletones

·         Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters

·         Spooky Kooky Magic Show

After 6 pm when the park takes a very dark turn, guests can expect their Halloween favorites like:

·         The Arrival ghoul parade

·         The Awakening

·         Dead Man’s Party

·         Cell Block 6

·         Demon District

In all, 11 monstertainment shows, seven free scares, Halloween-themed shopping and dining experiences plus a world-class thrill ride collection are included with park admission, Season Pass or active Membership. Seven haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright By Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

• Like 3

I'm a little surprised they aren't having preview night this year. Last year it was more crowded than I was expecting during the preview. It wasn't anything like the normal Fright Fest crowds but still much more crowded than the earlier September Friday nights the park tried around 4 or 5 years ago.

50 minutes ago, gencx said:

I really wish they'd bring those Friday nights in September back. It was great to get a taste of Fright Fest without dealing with the masses.

They're only closed (for a private event) this Friday. They're open every Friday after that for FF, including Sept. 22nd and 29th. 

It's legitimately the only Friday they're closed until the end of FF.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Well it's 2017 and there's just about an uncharge for everything. That doesn't make it acceptable. We can grumble about this and not feel guilty for it. Remember when Fright Fest was an event that, while not having as many "attractions" was included in the admission to the park? The Hayride, now gone and the shows were IMO  far better attractions than most of these uncharge makeshift mazes that are quite frankly a total rip off.  For unlimited admission to all the mazes it is a $30 up charge. Unreal. Unconscionable. A family of four would need to pay $120 on top of the cost to enter the park plus food and souvenirs? Even for pass holders this is totally insane.  Am I wrong on the details and if so I will rescind but as a person who truly looked forward to this event years ago it just makes me angry to walk around and see this anymore.  Hey look, I get it, SF isn't the only park up charging but come on. You're not going to tell me this isn't gouging at it's finest.  Thoughts anyone?

• Like 1

The way I look at it is that Six Flags really undercharges for a season pass, around $65 for a gold pass with parking. Even with the $30 add on for the trails and mazes it is still under $100 total. Other parks still charge more than that and some Cedar Fair parks like Carowinds don't even get you into their Halloween event with a season pass or require an upcharge like Knott's. 

• Like 1

This is simple supply and demand. The demand is so high during Fright Fest that they can charge this much and still get swarms of customers.

It's definitely expensive for a regular family of four paying full price for all single-day items, but honestly there's almost no reason to not take advantage of all the season passes, options, and sales.

If you buy everything at its cheapest, you can get a gold season pass for $66, premium dining pass for $80, and the season express maze pass for $40.

So for just $186, you get the following for an entire year (or more if you include 2017):

• Unlimited admission to all Six Flags parks
  • Free parking at all Six Flags parks
  • Free lunch, dinner, and snack every day at all Six Flags parks
  • Unlimited refills of soda/drinks at all Six Flags park
  • Unlimited access to all mazes/trails during Fright Fest at Great Adventure, PLUS you skip the line.

A similar pass+add-ons for Cedar Fair is $300-$400 per person. Even at current prices, the Six Flags option is $223, still less than Cedar Fair, and a much better choice than wasting money on a single day ticket.

• Like 1

I just got back from Sunday night trip to FF and used the free maze ticket they were giving out at the gate. So this year I tried Bloodshed. The line was long, and moved very slowly as they barely let stand by people go, but let fast pass holders go in near constantly. After waiting over an hour, the Bloodshed maze was just ok, but a poorman's version of Dorney's Cornstalkers. You pay upcharge admission to GADV's houses, and either wait in a long and slow moving line or pay an additional upcharge to skip it, and the mazes are still only mediocre at best despite all the cash inflows. 

• Like 1