VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2017

29yrswithaGApass

5 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

Looks like I'll be going the 28th or 29th, which are the last two days.  I wonder how crowded it will be then?

Unless it rains, the 28th should be one of the most crowded days of the year.

Park was really crowded last night.  I only got on Dark Knight and Skull Mountain.  For mazes I did Cell Block 6, Wicked Woods and Big Top Terror.  I feel like Wicked Woods is way too understaffed.

Hi guys, Ty for replies. Really appreciate. Looking back on my post, yeah I mean its harsh.  We have the Season Pass membership and food package for 2017-18.  We've already attended three times this past month, so absolutely is the Pass, parking, food combo entirely worth how much use we will get out of it? My lord it sure is! No doubt I feel very good about our purchase and, where this used to be my hometown park some 20 years ago, I'm starting to feel back at home with each visit.  I have to tell ya, had a great FF experience last night. Rides and coasters by day, no to manageable lines and then, at 6 when throngs were present decided to do the Dead Man's Party show and then UNLEASHED which, I was totally blown away by. I might pay sixty some bucks or more to see that show were it elsewhere and like a half hour longer! We had plenty of encounters with the roaming ghouls and baddies including a backward crawling girl that was absolutely chilling. Had chance to do some other shows like Ignite which seemed cool but couldn't. Once I took a deep breath, stomached the MASSES and said, let's experience what IS free with FF, I started to realize that short of an indoor scare walk through or hayride, there is still quite a bit to enjoy.  No, I will not pay extra for the haunted mazes, I imagine they are OK at best... and I may be a bit spoiled as I live 5 mins from The Bates Motel in PA which is consistently rated one of the Top 10 in the US. But that is expensive as all heck as well. I guess, its just the world keeps getting more and more expensive no matter what you enjoy and, the if the GP will pay then the price hikes will reign down 

Hey everyone (or anyone reading this) I'm mostly a lurker in here but I was wondering if someone in here would be willing to help me out, I impulsively bought a Season Pass (first time in probably 6 or so years, not sure if that makes a difference) during the Flash Sale in September thinking that I'd be able to get to the park before the 31st deadline to get the Gold Upgrade, as it turns out, I will more than likely not going to make it to process my pass. I tried reaching out to six flags support to see if there's some kind of online process to process season passes (its 2017, I figured there was a chance there would be) and found out if a friend or family member was going to the park they can get it processed for me.

That said, I am in search of someone who would be willing to become my new best friend who might happen to be headed to the park this weekend or next that I could email my voucher to.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 8:53 PM, bvfcfirefighter said:

Hey everyone (or anyone reading this) I'm mostly a lurker in here but I was wondering if someone in here would be willing to help me out, I impulsively bought a Season Pass (first time in probably 6 or so years, not sure if that makes a difference) during the Flash Sale in September thinking that I'd be able to get to the park before the 31st deadline to get the Gold Upgrade, as it turns out, I will more than likely not going to make it to process my pass. I tried reaching out to six flags support to see if there's some kind of online process to process season passes (its 2017, I figured there was a chance there would be) and found out if a friend or family member was going to the park they can get it processed for me.

That said, I am in search of someone who would be willing to become my new best friend who might happen to be headed to the park this weekend or next that I could email my voucher to.

Thanks in advance

Hey, not a 100% sure thing, but I'm *probably* going on the 30th and would be happy to help if I end up going. Shoot me a PM.

11 hours ago, pashacar said:

Hey, not a 100% sure thing, but I'm *probably* going on the 30th and would be happy to help if I end up going. Shoot me a PM.

The park is open on the 30th?  We should update the original post:

Six Flags Great Adventure updated their 2017 operating calendar it appears Fright Fest will run from September 16 to October 29 and will be on the following days:

Fridays: September 22, 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 - 5:30PM to Midnight

Saturdays: September 16, 23, 30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28 - 11AM to Midnight

Sundays: September 17, 24, Oct 1, 15, 22, 29 - 11AM to 10PM (Sunday Oct 8 - 11AM to 11PM)

Monday: October 9 - 11AM to 10PM

Edited by dougdrummer

On the park web page these are the hours for the rest of fright fest.

Date Park Hours
Friday, October 27
5:30 p.m. to Midnight
Saturday, October 28
11 a.m. to Midnight
Sunday, October 29
11:00am to 10:00pm
Monday, October 30
5:00pm to 11:00pm
Tuesday, October 31
5:00pm to 11:00pm

1 hour ago, Yoshi said:

Busiest day of the year? As much as I like being at Great Adventure, I'd rather stay home than deal with those crowds. 

My friend said it was the most crowded he's ever seen it.  Hurricane Harbor's parking lot was almost full, that's when you know it's crowded.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

My friend said it was the most crowded he's ever seen it.  Hurricane Harbor's parking lot was almost full, that's when you know it's crowded.

I wonder if they start turning away guests because of the crowds.

I was there on Friday as well. I basically got on everything I wanted to ride within the first hour and a half and just walked around with my camera and watched the shows after that. It was pretty crowded from 8 on. Unleashed and DMP even had pretty long lines waiting for the doors to open.

2 hours ago, cygnus12 said:

I was there on Friday as well. I basically got on everything I wanted to ride within the first hour and a half and just walked around with my camera and watched the shows after that. It was pretty crowded from 8 on. Unleashed and DMP even had pretty long lines waiting for the doors to open.

Most of the first hour I was in line for Nitro, they took forever opening it, at least 45 minutes late. From where I waited, I saw Batman was also really slow opening, at least a half hour late. I would say both Nitro and Batman did not even start testing until 5:30 which is really poor, testing should be completed before park opening, not start testing at opening time. Later that night I was on the parachute tower and saw Superman was broken down. Runaway Mine Train had short line but they were dispatching very slowly. Skull Mt had a huge line so I skipped it. 

The line in front of DMP was bad, and there where people shoving their way through the line to pass by. Most of the time when a line blocks a walkway, passer byes just say excuse me and wait for the in line people to make a gap. Friday, they were using hands to push people waiting in line out of their way. Besides being the most crowded I have seen the park this year, it was also the rowdiest and rudest crowds I seen this year too. Especially by the fountain where gangs of 20 or more people would stampede from scare actors. A lot of ghetto types spazzing out, one almost wacked me in the face just walking on the midways. Waiting in line for the Skyride, a gang right behind me in line were discussing what drugs they were going to take that night. It was the type of night that gives GADV its bad reputation as a rowdy park.     

Two copters kept hovering over the park too, could not make out their markings but I would guess law enforcement, probably state troopers as they like to show off their big toys. For some reason, all the buses were parked in the employee lot, maybe because there were a lot more buses than normal? 

Also there really seemed to be a lot less spider webs around the park, I remember them used to going crazy with webs even just a couple of years ago. Guess they don't want much up for a quicker change over to Christmas. Friday I saw they had more Christmas stuff up such as garland on the Ice Cream Palace. 

Edited by The Master

Walking through the mazes Friday, its good to see them use more and more props and construct tiny buildings to walk through. Really adds to the atmosphere, even if not a lot of actors are located throughout the maze. Big Top Terror and Cell Block were highlight mazes for me, while Wicked Woods, Aftermath, and Bloodshed had a good use of props, but very little actors throughout. Overall, they seem to be stepping up their Fright Fest game. At least, in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, joeyc98 said:

Walking through the mazes Friday, its good to see them use more and more props and construct tiny buildings to walk through.

I agree.  Wicked Woods is EXTREMELY understaffed and it has some really pointless sections.  Cell Block 6 is my personal favorite maze, you just have stuff going on at every turn.  Total Darkness and The Manor are defiently the worst though.