VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2017

29yrswithaGApass

If the Fright Fest shows are that limited, maybe ride selection will probably be more limited too? Unless they end up bringing in help from other SF parks like they did when the park was open on those weekdays after Labor Day a few years ago.

Both nights should be great chances to visit with short lines (I wish I was able to get there one of the days!). I remember going to the park on Halloween night 3 years ago and it was empty even though it was a Friday night.

I found Cell Block 6 to be a total let down while Wicked Woods to be the best of the lot.   Both were sparsely staffed with ghouls and the like.  Cell Block 6 certainly didn't warrant the two hour wait time (I went on a Friday and had a ten minute wait time).  Too much walking through empty plywood mazes with well-marked emergency exits. Aftermath was so-so.  Big Top is always a fun time, and not just because I could lead my one friend into a corner and then watching him struggle to get out of it.  Blood Shed was just slightly less disappointing than Cell Block 6 and seemed to suffer from the same staffing deficiencies.  The two indoor mazes are a total waste and I didn't even bother.  

22 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

This has been the hardest year for me to get to the park. I finally had a free day today and ....

October is also always my busiest month for whatever reason. I've been busy every weekend so far with weddings, my trip to BGW/KD, and other stuff. Yesterday would have been my first day back at Fright Fest since Sept. 23rd, but I'm trying to go tonight for my last FF trip.

8 hours ago, pashacar said:

^ Yeah -- on the app, it appears that the maze pass price has been bumped down to $25, but I wonder if they will all even be open, and imagine they will be very poorly staffed, which makes it a questionable value even at that lower price.

Even with a free preview pass, their value is still highly questionable with the opportunity cost of going on a normal ride instead. 

• Haha 1