VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 22 - Dark Knight Enchancements

Yes we still have the lights and horn (it works most of the time). We also have the pre-show with the film used except on days where there isn't enough staffing to run it.

I'd like to see the holographic billboards working again, that was one of my favorite parts of the theming of the ride.

There is there basically just two things that don't work in there? The billboards and the lights for the sanitation department sign.

But, it would be cool to see some improvements to the ride though.

Every time I have been on the ride this year I had to watch the pre-show every time.

Edited by jollyroger

The barrels on fire right past the station before the lift I don't think have been working for a while either. There is also the Bat Signal that seems to have been working this year but wasn't always working in past seasons.

The pre-show needs to be completely redone, or just eliminate it.  It's been showing its age for many years now.  I stand there looking at my watch wondering when they'll open the doors to the ride, so I don't have to suffer through the boring presentation.  The only benefit to the pre-show is to cool off or warm up on hot or cold days.

15 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

Once again-I like the pre-show,but then again Great Adv. isn't my home park(if it was I probably hate it too).Maybe they can make a shortcut that bypasses the pre-show and leads straight to the ride station;it could be themed as one of Batman's secret escape routes. 

I always wondered if the pre-show served some functional purpose.  Is it a way of metering the flow of people into the boarding area?  Do they have it because there is not enough queuing area inside the building?  Skull Mountain is an indoor ride but it just has a conventional queue line that extends around the inside of the building.  Dark Knight has an outdoor queue area.  If I see people in that queue, there's no way I'm going to stand in that line, then torture myself with a pre-show, before starting on a 1-2 minute ride.

Edited by dougdrummer

I think there is a pre-show because the management at the time was trying to take a different approach compared to Premier and tried to copy Disney in some ways (besides pre-shows, other things like the Glow in the Park parade). They could have built the queue is as without the pre-show and I guess it would have been similar to Justice League, part of the queue outside and then some switchbacks inside.

I wouldn't mind the pre-show so much if I hadn't seen it over 100 times already and because there could be no one in line but you still have to wait to get into the pre-show and watch the film. When possible with no one waiting at the loading area (and if allowed by the ride operators) I try to re-ride when I can so at least I can get an extra lap or two in after watching the film.

I think, as I'm sure many suspect, the pre-show id to help with the flow. Now there is a little buffer to get the people in the loading area loaded before the next wave comes in. to some it probably breaks the wait up but for those of us who see it 20 or more times in a season I can see it getting boring. It doesn't bother me. I wait in the pre-show or I wait outside or I wait inside. anyway you look at it we are waiting.